Discussion: Update #6 (1.10.11.0)

Is everything in your Windows Store up-to-date, as well as Windows?

My screen is blinking.
I7-4770 + Gigabyte GTX 770 4Gb + 32 Gb + SSD system.
Everything worked before the update. I was fine with the performance.
I enjoyed flying all over the world.
Is it possible to remove this somehow? I cannot fly in the MFS2020 anymore. I do not plan to change the video card.
The old GTX770 was fine with me. Answer me. Should I return to the X-plane?

I bought a game at Microsoft Store with a Game Pass, so I need to log in to XBoxLife when starting it. It doesn’t work without an internet connection!
I’ve already tried this out 5 times - it doesn’t work.

Hi @Dusty542550,
If you have modified any files in the “Official” folder, it may force a full download as checksums won’t match.

If you have not done this, the installer may be looping on a file. When it does this, try exiting from MSFS (end task if you have too), then relaunch it. It will pick up from the last successful file download.

If this doesn’t work, you can delete the file it is looping on. From the FAQ:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop

Ok, gotta take a deep breath here
Asobo and MS, you just blew me completely away. I started the sim, updated everything and immediately saw huge increases in visual fidelity. The fps are lowered, which I could not care LESS about, because what came next just shocked me. Everything looked so GOOD, the cessna feels even better now and doesn’t handle so extremely, the autopilot worked so well. This complete surprise culminated in a totally improvised IFR training session with moving navigraph maps. Throughout all the flight I could not believe it. Everything felt, looked and handled so well. This is an enormous step up for me and now I start to see what this sim was meant to be. The view distance also dramatically improved for me. The weather, and the ability to completely adjust everything on the fly, smoothly, with results that differ so greatly, is just so good and a huge step forward in regards to pure training. I was training this whole flight and had a COMPLETE blast! I will squeal around like a happy piglet, once even more complexity and a full G1000 is implemented. You guys are 100% on track. Please continue like this, this is what I always dreamed of. Thank you so much , Asobo / Microsoft!

5 Likes

Yeah, my performance decreased ~5 fps average. Previous update was the best update for me so far. I have a strong feeling that devs are experimenting on us ))
And just to add my observations on dev mode fps monitor. Last update clearly showed GPU bottleneck, now it’s on a contrary showing MainThread pulling off my performance

Ok, mine is from steam store, that’s why you can’t do it then

So after having to fully reinstall after their Update #5 due to the Sim crashing during the loading screen
I dealt with Update #6 and its problems.

Got the 1.4GB downloaded, it said it installed. Was able to get in and fly around
but after this update the top inflight menu bar vanished completely. And I’ve had issues with the stock 172 g1000 and controls just not responding, as in the g1000 and all other instruments stop reporting any movement (just show level flight) and I have to exist the Sim.

The other thing, inside the Sim (and inside the Microsoft Store) I’m seeing that I have version 1.10.8.0 even after this 1.10.11.0 update. And there are files in Content Manager that report there are updates, but they are intended for a “newer” version than what I have.

So I’m thinking this update botched the install and now I get to figure out how to fix it, even though the Sim says there are no updates and the Microsoft Store says there are no updates. I may be looking at my second full reinstall (18+ hours due to Asobo’s throttling) this month because of their updates.

Two weeks into November, two updates botching the Sim for me
my enjoyment of the Sim has turned into frustration.

After posting my previous comment about my problems after the 1.10.11.0 update
which I did get prompted to install last week and it went through the download and told me it was installed
then all my problems started
I lived with it for a few days, then came to the forums to see how many others were having the problems I was having (missing inflight top menu bar, etc).

I tried a number of things yesterday and today, found this thread and tried a number of things mentioned here as well
logging out of the Sim and back in
no change. I tried logging out of the Microsoft Store and back in (even with a reboot) no change. They still said I had 1.10.8.0 and would not find any updates, last week I did get the prompt for 1.10.11.0 and was supposedly installed
that’s when the top menu bar went away.

At that point after trying a bunch of stuff, I went into Add Remove Programs and click on the Sim, then Advanced Options and tried a Repair. Still didn’t fix anything. I did not open a ticket with Zendesk as I figured it would be a day or more anyhow
and opted to Uninstall the Sim again and just reinstall it.

Here is where I lucked out, I fully expected to have to deal with a 18+ hour download like I did two weeks ago after Update #5 botched the Sim. But I actually lucked out, I still had to download the 1.3GB installer
but after that when it wanted to install the 110GB of data. I pointed it to the drive and folder where I had installed the Sim in the past
and it was happy with that. I did NOT have to deal with the 110GB download
and when I continued it found the 1.10.11.0 update to download (again) and this time it installed cleanly. I opened the Sim and my top inflight menu bar was back. I seriously thought this was going to be a repeat of a couple weeks ago.

Still no idea if I’ll have that earlier problem I encountered today with the 172 and g1000, first time I had that. But at least the menu is back, and the Sim and Microsoft Store are now showing me at 1.10.11.0

1 Like

Anybody else STILL having autopilot issues? turn on AP (not AI control) and the plane just spins in a left circle constantly?

1 Like

Increase the death zone of your controller to >9%

Meaning deadzone for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds ominous

Got a laugh out of that! :slight_smile:

So I have the latest patch 6, 1.10.11.0 installed. Updated last week when it rolled out. No issues with the install. Today I booted up the sim and flew IFR in the Caravan from KTTD to KEUG, no problems. Landed, logged out of the sim and shut down my computer. This afternoon I booted up the computer and loaded FS2020, it loaded in the windowed mode and checked for updates and is now saying it wants to update to 1.10.11.0It already updated last week. Anybody else having that problem or can tell me why that is happening?

Edit: The windowed view shows that I already have 1.10.11.0

Thanks.

1 Like

I had this happen to me and I also got back the “Press any key”. I have the Xbox app. Uninstalling it and reinstalling it worked for me and it reinstalled gaming services.

But, it could also be other problems too. If you modify any files in the “Official” folder when a patch happens, it could force a full download as checksums won’t match.

I say let it reinstall and see what happens. If you have any add-ons in the “community” folder, move them out.

The same has happened to me today. The update was extremely small. One of the ‘fixes’ was the oscillations in the A320. Regardless, the fix didn’t work and the rocking bug is worse than before in the Airbus.

EDIT: This is the most recent video from today (2 or 3 hours after the small update i received)

Still having issue with the live weather, it is still no clouds. what is going on. the weather is totally not live at all.

1 Like

Turn off AP for about 3 seconds, which lets the plane stabilise naturally. Then turn AP back on and it will be ok.

I found accidentally nudging the yoke can trigger the wobble.

Have they changed update 7 on 24/11?
The dev update from 5:th say 24/11 and dev update from 12:th say World update II.

Update 7 is also world update 2. So they will release some fixes alongside the world update

1 Like