Discussion: World Update I: Japan

Your patch is no different to anyone else’s it will be packaged to the download size and unpack as a larger file size nothing new

This won’t be a popular opinion around here, but I think 3rd parties should have been locked out completely for 3 months; probably 6 while the base product was fully stabilised.

We’re getting all these disparate reports - some everything is working; some fails everywhere; and no-one has any clue what everyone is actually running. In the PC world it’s difficult enough having to cope with the huge variety of hardware set-ups without user mods hacking the system from day one.

10 Likes

why would I do that? is there some sort of known bug regarding the community folder? sounds like a gimmick.

Lol, tbh didn’t know that. But I think his own response might of taken care of it.

1 Like

Look I am trying to help you not humiliate you. I know it’s frustrating but it ain’t fair for you or anyone else coming in here and blasting Asobo because the patch is ■■■■. Not everyone is experiencing these problems. Maybe I am finally lucky I have had my share of hair pulling in the past with this. I think this patch is tremendous. What kind of system do you have? And what is your Internet speed?

1 Like

And this is flight simming in a nutshell. Like it or not, flight sims have always been pay to play. Pay dearly at times with cutting edge hardware.

1 Like

Yes. The Japan update comes in form of a free and totally optional Market Place item. Download it whenever you like (or not).

I suppose it gets installed where all your other world data is stored. It‘s around 1.8 GB IIRC (download size; install size is likely larger due to decompressed data, I guess)

Reporting you for just constant inappropriate comments. Just FYI. Fly safe don’t press V

1 Like

Yea I got it to crash, first time I’ve had a CTD that wasn’t a result of something I did outside the game (overclocking, ect)

Funny that’s what you have been doing all along and admitted to attacking me because you don’t like my posts…

That one. I mean the guy was trying to help you

The known issue is a bit of a joke. The real list would be 100,000 items long. Why even bother to list a tiny fraction of the known problems?

2 Likes

Try reading his comment. He didn’t say he has been using it for hours. He said he recorded a video for over an hour.

I guess that‘s the reason for the Xbox Game Pass offer? Can‘t really get it any cheaper than 5 dollars to try it out for a month or two…

Nice update but, how am I suppose to fly now?

PS: I know this is known issue, but knowing we can’t fly the A320, why did they release the patch?

Okay during this time did you do something like update windows or add program etc… that could have changed something?

Tough crowd… LOL

1 Like

Where did I say it was hours. I have been using it for 2 hours since patch came out. VFRmap is NOT A PROBLEM.

1 Like

No need to lie to people like you.

2 Likes

Nope, absolutely nothing…
I’m having an AMD rig, Ryzen 5 3600 , and RX 5700XT, 32gb 3200 ddr4, so what do you have? Intel-Nvidia?