Discussion: World Update I: Japan

I haven’t had the perfect simulator. I also had problems just getting MS store to download the last patch. It would not. I went nuts and tried everything. Finally I re-installed windows and today I had no problems download the patch. 10 min and it was installed. So I have had my share of problems. Lots of people are adding to some of the problems by having addons that are causing all this.

Why is that OK when it is being frequently done in an overly emotional childish and immature way (hark the sound of feet being stamped)? This gives no help to anyone.

3 Likes

You asked for prove of video for VFR map and I gave it to you, now your saying I didn’t prove anything. LOL. So now what you want me to pull a rabbit out of my hat?

Funny thing I’m not using addons or mods and never will, the game is suppose to work as advertised and clearly does not…

Well. The displays are on for me ATM. Can’t say it is a fix, since only loaded into 2 airports.
I cleared out EVERYTHING in the community file. Again it may just be a coincidence.
If it continues to work, i will post. I will also try to add my favorite mod that show real traffic livery.

1 Like

Some of the responses some of you guys giving these users are just adding fuel to the fire. Just go add them to your ignore list if their rants really get that bad.

A reinstall fixed a separate ms store issue I had. Unfortunately I think this is not an issue with FS but it’s distribution via Microsoft, as other store issues have shown.

Yes. That was unfortunately not on this list of things that got fixed.

I recorded my video having had the game running for over an hour. Nuff said.

1 Like

Rename your Community folder to something else like disabledCommunity. by doing this MSFS doesn’t use anything in that folder. Restart the system Are the problems gone?

After being an Alpha tester since last December, going through the release and now three patches…I am getting to the point of stepping away too. Almost 10 months with MSFS now for me and I have seen little progress and more steps back than forward. I am a serious simmer, been flight simming for about 35 years now…MSFS is far from giving me the level of realism, accuracy, and reliability that I am personally looking for…made even worse with PMDG and A2A mentioning this week that MSFS and the SDK are not ready for their aircraft. I am trying to be patient, but MSFS offers nothing for me right now in regards to high fidelity aviation and aircraft simulation. Instead, I am just getting more frustrated with the lack of progress and increasing problems. Sounds like a good time for a break and see where MSFS goes from here.

18 Likes

Exactly I have done the same thing VFR map works as should.

Performance post patch 3 is looking good for me, consistent frame rates and no stutters so far.

Only Issues I’ve noticed so far in my Cessna 172 (steam Gauge version)

Autopilot ALT hold is oscillating a bit +/- 300 ft/min.

Had all avionics randomly switch off, but was able to restart them by toggling the switches.

Biggest dislike so far. Tree LOD is much worse, trees popping in about 2 miles out. A lot of the hills around Nagasaki look like smooth grass from 2 miles out then suddenly it’s a forrest when you get a bit closer.

Yes stop using a mod that is not supported by the current sim release version

Not exactly true been playing for 2 hours and VFR is not crashing so you just can’t say that about all.

2 Likes

Update is forcing me to download the whole 63GB of fs-base-cgi again. Big disappointment :frowning:

I have the same issue as you. Shortly after takeoff the AP just sends me into a circle and a dive. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it hits the ground. I guess I’ll wait for a fix from FlybyWire as the default plane isn’t working for me.

(I have removed all community addons)

1 Like

And to confirm (to help the devs), this isn’t the case for me. Doesn’t crash if I don’t open the map and doesn crash if I spam v and 5 mins or (as now) after a couple of hours of the sim running in flight.

1 Like

I have created a thread in the bugs forum. Please up-vote.

3 Likes

Good thing you can mute members here. Try it, you’ll like it! :grin:

1 Like