Discussion: World Update I: Japan

So how can that be ASOBO’s fault. Obviously there is something on your system that is causing the problem. If the problem existed it would hamper everyone here.

Yep the VFR crashed the 3rd time I opened it after I was into a flight for about 20 minutes or so.

1 Like

in my opinion, the VFR map CTD only happens after an extended time in the sim. I too can launch the sim and spam “V” just fine lol, its after about 30 minutes is when it crashes.

I flew a flight this morning BEFORE the patch and the VFR map worked fine, no crashes, flight was about 2 hrs long…

It is definitely an issue in this new version and should not be ignored.

1 Like

To give you some candid feedback (and I’m going to guess that this might be a new thing for you), if you respond like that to people who offer very sensible suggestions to try to help you (despite your earlier posts), don’t expect to get any kind of positive response here at all. If it makes you feel better to write posts like these, then I suggest you start another thread so that those who are interested in getting help from others don’t have to read your posts. Thank you.

You know what? I decided to not start up the sim anymore. I will read on in this forum, try to ride it out and go back to the sim once it has matured to a degree that makes it enjoyable. I mean, enjoyable for a simmer, not for a gamer.

This might take some time but I believe we will have a very good and stable sim in some time from now.

Karl

1 Like

I want…

I”m having a fully optimized system to begin with, so it’s definitely not my system causing that VFR map problem.
I always have the newest drivers, newest Windows 10 build etc…
These problems are seem to happen at random, there’s no logical explanation for the problems.
All other sims and games, i”m a simracing fan to, are playing just fine, without any stutters or CTD”s etc, so why can’t MSFS?

2 Likes

Yep I just made the same decision.

No more msfs2020…

I still will post about it.

2 Likes

How can it be the Users fault when Asobo released in the PATCH NOTES VFR MAY CAUSE CTD?

Before any of the users got a chance to download and install the patch the issue was ALREADY KNOWN.

Now you bash someone who is saying they have the issue and you BLAME IT ON THEM.

You sir are part of the problem. Act like just because you don’t have issues that nobody else can have them. I am so happy you have a perfect simulator.

8 Likes

Thanks @Gattaca9S100. That IS a bummer. That said, the Patagonia trip is epic! I’m doing the Breckenridge/Yosemite one now and over half way done. Guess I’ll start it up from scratch. (boo)

and it would be a lot easier to see what you are talking about if you actually took a screenshot.

well put, i agree…

Did you try disabling the Community folder and restarting MSFS to see if problems persist.

Pointless. You have an issue he (and I) don’t and we’ve both proved it to you with videos. Believe what you want

I get that. That would bring back to the days of super Nintendo. Still would hurt if there was a “game safe mode” so some could still have a functioning game.

But for those who are playing single player games it isn’t as horrible idea as you think , and has been done in other games. IMHO easier to improve a stable version than one that is fracturing in multiple areas.

No no no, i had a 4 hour flight !!! this morning ( Dutch time) without any problems.
Before installing the new patch i cleaned up the “community” and cache folder, and did nothing special that could cause this problem.

1 Like

The drama!

1 Like

I have the same problem. My download in the MS Store went well. When I opened the sim, I never got an update in game, so I never downloaded the 7GB to 9GB. It just loaded the main screen with the Marketplace grayed out, I can’t see my friends, and the server listing is empty.

what do you mean “disabling the community folder”?

I have no clue what you are talking about. I wasn’t ruse to anyone who tried to help me. All I said was that I have it off. Please link to whatever post you think I said.