Discussion: World Update II: USA

For those of us still downloading, here’s a promotional vid from Xbox.

8 Likes

Time to get the popcorn ready this will go really nice :smiley:

2 Likes

downloading and installing quite quick here.

3 Likes

Must be my internet then.

Pain.

Is there an Alaskan Bush trip included? I think that had been announced, but may be misremembering. I can’t download until after work, unfortunately.

No, you’re remembering correctly. They did promise an Alaska bush trip. WHether they included it or not is a totally different matter.

55% GPU utilisation to watch the download progress bar. Quite a lot for a 3090FE :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have a horrible feeling the CPU optimisation is the AI aircraft de-spawn fix. Which means for those of us not using AI aircraft, but Live, or even none, will see no benefit.

Hopefully it didn’t make for a bullet point.

3 Likes

Also the photogrammetry optimization, that’s important and the main issue for me. In non photogrammetric locations, my 3080 FE was near fully utilized

2 Likes

There is a fix in for the traffic issue degrading FPS over time. In a way that is a performance help and maybe a way to turn traffic on again.

2 Likes

Update now live. 12.75gb. Japan screen now replaced

8 Likes

12gb?:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:what a relief!!

Like last time, I’m expect radio silence on this one until a large enough number of people poke at the CMs asking about it.

Maybe, but that’s not what it sounded like they were going to do when they announced this during the Q&A. They spoke specifically of CPU optimizations. I could be mistaken though.

2 Likes

limit the FPS a bit, it really helps turn down that space heater :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what the photogrammetry would be, because it’s loaded in by the CPU.

1 Like

Kind of thought that also, but it hardly fits the description. I don’t think so it’s apples and oranges

FYI to everyone: the USA world update is another 4gb in the marketplace once you get into the game. Downloading now!

11 Likes

There is a new discovery flight around the east coast AND a new Alaskan bush trip as promised.

13 Likes

As @Sabena321140 said, it may also be the photogrammetry optimization. In the Q&A, it sounded like they were planning something more substantial, but then again, perhaps we read more into it than what was intended.

4 Likes

This sim is really headed in the right direction. Thank you Asobo.

25 Likes