Discussion: World Update II: USA

That is actually quite substantial imo, because that’s when I see the worst stutters. Autogen areas are much more decent in terms of main thread limitation

2 Likes

Can any native tell me why Tucson, AZ and somewhere near Austin, TX are the only places which deserve a LOD19 mesh ? That’s pretty accurate.

USUpdateGraphic_DEM-scaled.jpg (2560×1046) (flightsimulator.com)

1 Like

They probably didn’t have the data for the rest lol, I’m sure their intention is to have the highest quality possible in every area

1 Like

:bomb: :hear_no_evil:

Is it working?

I have MSFS running, I’m not shutting it down until I know for sure :joy:.

6 Likes

I thought MSFS had zero stutters??

1 Like

Possibly so. Although in fairness, I never see my GPU usage go over 70% regardless where I am. Photogrammetry or not. The only time I really see any performance degradation that I consider substantial and noticeable is when I’m around really busy airports like KJFK or KLAX. And it’s not so much stutters than my fps just tanking down about 15-20 fps from my typical 40-45. It has very little impact on my GPU usage.

?

I never said it had zero stutters

Seems odd they would not link the text to the title. My tummy says that isn’t what is meant by CPU optimization

What? It’s literally the first thing they mention, with a huge image showing where it’s been updated

1 Like

Download speed as usual atrocious.This is going to probably take half an hour.

probably because it’s available, and the specific region requires it due to very vertical dropoffs.

Don’t need LOD19 mesh on a rolling hill landscape.

3 Likes

That must be on your end. Going as fast as my connection allows (64Mbps) here. 100% network use.

4 Likes

Tucson, AZ is where the aircraft boneyard is, last time I flew there the aircraft are all displayed with photogrammetry - so maybe it has improved the resolution of the imagery.

3 Likes

Taken me 18 hours to download 50% new windows installation too… I’ve tried everything to get this to download. Didn’t have any issues downloading & installing MSFS before my new windows installation. installing on 1tb 970 pro. internet connection not an issue. :frowning:

Does anyone know what the terrain mesh LOD was before this update?

2 Likes

FWIW I just moved from a Ryzen 1700 to a 5800X and gained up to 97% performance in the worst-case CPU limited scenarios; from about 31 to 61 FPS in the A320 at low graphics settings.

9 Likes

cant get the update in microsoft store. anyone else?

I wonder if they actually really listen to what the community would like to have implemented or consider a priority !

I love the feeling of someone caring for the simulator…I had years and years to feel like that…Thanks, it is indeed a nice journey guys…

6 Likes

Downloading here at 1/5 of my internet speed. so slow.