Discussion: World Update II: USA

Actually, it’s only the laucher that comes from Steam. That one has to be updated from within Steam first. Then you press “Play” and the bulk of the update should soon present itself to you.
Afterwards you must go to the Marketplace and download the free USA update. And finally, go through the entire list in Content Manager for things to update.

Sorry, if this is already clear to you, but something tells me that many here could make use of my rant.

1 Like

Lights blurry on ultra wides and (less apparent) on 4k. Well known bug since the beginning.

Could somebody please go to KCON in Concord NH and see if they see photogrammatic bushes like I’m seeing, or is there something wrong with my installation? I fly at this airport all the time and I’ve never seen this photogrammatic junk before. Thanks!

I have all my trees and buildings, etc. set at Ultra. I’ve tried it at High, too. Same thing. I first noticed it after I deleted my rolling cache. I’ve tried it with both rolling cache turned off and on. I’ve deleted my rolling cache several times. I’ve tried rolling cache sizes of both 24 and 8 GB (default). It goes away when I turn Photogrammetry off, but leave Bing on. Problem is, most of the trees disappear with Photogrammetry off. I’ve tried repairing my installation. I haven’t tried resetting it. If other people don’t see it, I’ll reinstall the software.

2 Likes

NEW a320 bug auto pilot just makes the plane fly in a slow circle and nothing stops it. 4 flights started today and not ONE finished so ty so much ASOBO but oooo ahhh pretty lights and clouds

I assume you’re using the default A320 with an empty Community folder?

yes as the a320 project fix is broken for the moment

1 Like
  1. Agreed.
    (Assuming AI doesn’t just firewall the throttle and then go catatonic.)
  2. That’s what autopilot is for. I use it regularly when sightseeing in the sim.
    (IRL on reeaallyy long bush trips I have been known to set the autopilot just so I can “refill” a water bottle.)
  3. Makes sense.
    (As long as the virtual instructor is not feeling suicidal, which seems to be his normal state. )
1 Like

looks like japan claimed london

2 Likes

Same AP problem here, messed around Philadelphia

Not “the” but one of them. They look a lot better than the original formations.

I’m not getting that. Is it perhaps monitor/aspect ratio related? Mines a pretty standard 1080p monitor.

I’ve seen that reported but never seen it myself. Are you flying level, and trimmed, when you engage the AP?

I think this might catch out those flying non-Asobo aircraft, with potential CTD’s.

Have you downloaded all the additional files in the content manager? I had 8-9 extra updates there that were all Japan files - might fix this?

1 Like

Some issues:

The sim crash when finish install some content, this happens since the last update if I’m not mistaken, I waited to see if it would be corrected in this one but it wasn’t.

In Display Window Mode, the Sim does not display the screen resolution informed in the settings, but the native resolution of the monitor.

When selecting the airport it does not save the history correctly, it always displays the latest history and does not update any more.

In Full Screen Mode the DevMode interface is all wrong when the mouse position, to select the desired option you have to place the mouse well away from the option, in another option or outside the DevMode menu, it looks like the actual position of the mouse is about 0.02m (2cm) out of the shown position of the mouse.

I think you might want to vote on this wishlist item:

1 Like

Airbus performance is trashed unfortunately after last update :neutral_face:.

1 Like

That’s not necessarily true, I’ve seen lots of fixes (like turboprop behavior) that haven’t been documented anywhere, so just because it hasn’t been mentioned, it still may have been fixed, or at least be in the WIP stage.

1 Like

I’ve not experienced any of these issues and actually haven’t seen any of them raised before. I suggest you zendesk them. However as they all seem resolution oriented (other than the CTD possibly) you could check things like:

Resolution is the default for the monitor
Refresh rate is set as it should be by default
Update your video card drivers
Can you test on another monitor?
Check windows display settings too to make sure they tie in with the sim

Just flew over Manhattan and now it’s essentially unplayable. Used to get around 25fps on average and now it’s between 10-12fps. Others have reported this too. The thing is, visually I don’t see any difference so I’m not sure why the frame rate dropped so much. All settings are the same. I live in NYC so luckily I don’t really fly around Manhattan much, but I hope it gets better optimized.

Awesome! Thanks!

I think I’m glad I’ve no idea what most of this means :grin:

Have you set mfaa and fxaa off in nvidia control panel? That might help.