Discussion: World Update II: USA

I tried emptying the cache, re-set to defaults, then slowly adding complexity and nothing. I got a few larger buildings in down town Tulsa, and a couple of older buildings at Tulsa Int. but the terminal is still missing as are all the smaller buildings in the area. Even NYC is eerily missing some buildings. Like going back in time but the airport runways are there. LOL. I guess removing the last update might be the only answer for me.

2 Likes

Think the whole patch needs rolling back. Needs more testing. Airliners are all broken in some way!

1 Like

:smile: :smile: :smile: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you are a big!

hello, I, too, have been unable to fly for a month now
all of the trees have disappeared from me!

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed subtle changes to the level of terrain detail with the latest update? Asobo has lowered the LOD on the water and now the terrain LOD seems less than it was at launch. All of my settings are tuned to the highest settings. Anyone?Launch image on the left. Latest update on the right.

6 Likes

This is not a hate post, not a rant or venting. Just a small drop of water because I have faith eventually the glass will spill and something is going to improve.
I think the quality of work has been degrading a lot from the MSFS team in each upgrade and the last one was the worst.

For a US upgrade we could have gotten a lot more, the visual improvements are minimal and only two major airports were reworked. I understand the US is big but is also probably where a good portion of MSFS users live so I expected more.

New features are not getting done, some are really important like replays, some major airports are missing, handling of peripherals is a coin toss. I won’t make a list, we all have different ideas and priorities.

But the airliners are really getting worst, the AP has been a mess since day one and it seems nobody really cares. The last upgrade again wrecked havoc on the A320, as one of the only two airliners in the default sim I believe it should be extensively tested before each upgrade. I think we can all agree the level of testing is either minimal or terrible.

We were also told in some videos that the upgrades would be getting better, tested, controlled, well it’s not happening.

I must say this is rather sad, I understand the sim is great for people not affected by most issues and it is even worst for those with installation problems and CTDs. But even when the perception of the state of the sim may be different for each user I believe many of us here would agree that the amount and quality of work of this last upgrade was a disappointment.

Hoping the next one is better. Skeptic it will.

8 Likes

Do you reaaaaally believe that having a replay system is important for this game, in its current state, right now? for real mate.

I understand your point though. For some, having a replay system is Really important. For me I just want the planes to work correctly, none of them work so for me it is not even a flight sim right now since I can’t fly without bugs, CTD and so on. I can’t fly

7 Likes

well we should be in a state where it is indeed an important feature.

For real Luis, really. The game is all broken, nothing works, but replay is important for you (and many for sure). I don’t get it. The game doesn’t work, it has trillions of bugs, trillions of CTDs and stuff that is not working, including the AP and such. I don’t get how a replay is ‘really’ important right now.

Maybe in the future, for sure, not saying it is not cool. I want all kind of cool stuff too.

4 Likes

The game is all broken, nothing works, but replay is important for you (and many for sure). I don’t get it.

You have to remember these are the same people who thought the existence of the “Press any Key” screen was The Most Critical Issue facing the sim, to the point where they all but demanded Asobo prioritize its removal over everything else. :roll_eyes:

Some people think their tiny corner is not just the only part of the room worth cleaning up, but the only part of the room that exists :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

after update I get these HORRORS
the engines of the airbus a320 do not turn off! when they are off! are still on!
there is no rain effect!
it is not possible to move around the cabin with the keyboard cursors (up down left right)
recalibrate the joystick
runway lights (flashing depending on the angle viewed)
each update is worse they are a delay! they are a shame!

since nov25, i have got issue when i did an update and everytime i start MSFS2020 it restart with the update but never finish the update and i do not know why and i want to us my msfs2020, how can i fix the prob pls

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-give-up-msfs/284883

Probably but look at the bright side: if you have an idea for the simulator and you do have enough followers, they’ll do something about it. The issue is not Asobo not doing what you’d like, rather, it is gathering enough same-minded followers

PS: but even this might not be sufficient
 more than 500 votes, nearly 800 messages, tons of before/after comparison screenshots, sound and deep technical analysis, many contributors are real world pilots and developers, yet, still ignored in the Q&A

Night lighting issues still in update #7 - The community solutions

2 Likes

IMO, ASOBO is not up to the challenge. Perhaps they were the lowest bidder and got the contract, I don’t know.

I don’t think things will get drastically better until a new group is hired by MS to rework the game, though I don’t think that will happen.

2 Likes

It’s broken. Asobo seems to be in over their head. The changes being made seem to be in conjunction with the Xbox launch of this sim. Lower resolution all around. Let’s see what we can take out, they won’t notice. I for one am boycotting all furture purchase ad-ons. Asobo is turning this into Flight 2020, not what was presented during a year of markeing hype. SAD!

5 Likes

They talk extensively about replay with every single developer discussion. They have a little something working, but, according to them, it is a huge undertaking. Expect it to be finished by the end of next year. It’s not that it’s not important. It’s that it’s ton of work and there are whole lot of other things that need to get done, too, and, technically, which are more important to the sim as a whole.

I’m sorry replay is so important to you. Perhaps you can figure out how to record your sessions as a stopgap until them. I’m sure that’s not everything you’re expecting, my bet is you want to review and/or record your flights from multiple angles. But, it’s going to be quite a while before it’s finished. It’s not like it’s not on their minds and they’re not working on it. They are.

2 Likes

Is there any reason why the update wouldn’t be found at program start? I’m still on 1.10.11.0 and neither the Microsoft Store nor the Checking for Updates routine finds the new stuff. I can see all of the files in the Marketplace that require the update, but the update isn’t happening automatically. Running as admin, rebooted, etc. No joy.

Try flying without the copilot to lessen the amount of weight and then adjust the amount of fuel to move the CG forward or aft. I’d like to look at the POH. Maybe it is now correct and before it was wrong.