Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Yes, mostly. Noticed a few quirks on altitude changes, not sure if that’s a bug yet after one flight, or me, or just an isolated incident. But, I took off from EGGP, landed ILS 27L at EGGL without incident or major errors. Weird climb out (again, could’ve been me, but I don’t think so), beautiful short cruise, good descent, fabulous lock onto ILS approach and landing.

The new cockpit looks phenomenal as well although it kinda waves as I look around. Could be maxing out my card or could be a bug, but still worked beautifully.

okay, thank god! haha

I don’t think the “pause” button really works. The download speed doesn’t change a bit, and when you “restart”, for a brief time it reports a faster speed, but that’s because it was still downloading in the background despite you having hit pause, so it’s really just an illusion.

I’ve no idea why they would do it that way, unless they were just trying to create (intentionally) an illusion of pausing helping, if only for a brief moment. Or, depending on how long you pause (say, like a half hour), it could potentially create the illusion of a HUGE change in speed, meanwhile it was just downloading at the same speed the whole time.

And here I am doing exacctly the opposite from South Africa, VPN’ng to UK :smiley:

Are there no airports added/updated? Thought that was also part of the update but can’t find anything about that.

Anyone else unable to download from the Marketplace? Same as some people had with Japan apparently:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/japan-content/287770

Sent a ticket to Zendesk.

And you’re getting a decent speed ? I was getting 3Mbit/s second ! :frowning:

That really makes me furious. They already confirmed they fixed it, why not release it with this update? Thumbs down, Asobo. I’m still going to have to fly with half working Honeycomb equipment for another month I guess.

1 Like

Just wondering, when are we going to see those flight model improvements as shown in the last feature discovery series? I was hoping it would be included into this update, icing effect still unchanged. This is just an eye-candy update and the next update is gonna have the other stuff?

1 Like

Yes, went from 2mbit to 70mbit :smiley: I guess I could have tried to connect to JHB, the MS peering seems better there than in Cape Town.

Fixes to core issues seem to be less favoured by Asobo.

Presumably they don’t help sell copies.

OmG
What a performance boost all cpu cores now running with no stutters. Slight frame tearing but no big deal.
Awsome job Asobo. :wink:

Only part mentioned was the flap surfaces. I dont think there is anything else.

Correct, unfortunately. That stuff is part of the next Sim Update, this is a World Update. It includes a few fixes but yeh…

1 Like

Have they demolished the office blocks?

2 Likes

You are confused. There is no difference in FPS, at all. Nothing.

Edit: Unless there has been improvements with air traffic, which I dont use.

1 Like

2 comments about London.

1.) WOW
2.) I need to upgrade my 2080Ti

2 Likes

Barcelona vs PSG on tonight and more good matches tomorrow. I will wait until Thursday.

My place of work!

The white structure in our garden is a large tent that was put up in2019, so that kind of dates it a little.

As ever, way too many trees, and way too tall, but pretty impressive results all the same.

5 Likes

I just VPNed to a UK server and I’m back to 200 Mb/sec