Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Nah that can’t be. What’s stored on the local disk is probably a reference to the photogrammetry or something. As well as the manually added stuff

Photogrammetry would probably take more storage.

I might be wrong though.

Does it go right up to the airport?

Berlin Tegel totally Broken. Taxiways like rollercoasters. 5 second long stutters. Frequent drops to 1fps. Am seeing approx 10fps less than usual for my average count.

They have removed photgrammetry for sure hhave kept moving around the docks area going backwards and forwards sat for 30 mins over the docks and it hasn’t changed. Same in Portsmouth the photogram has gone so gained 5 cities and lost two unless there are others.

Love seeing so many people in one area. EGLL and EGLC were nice and busy! I made it into the first screenshot :grin:

Can’t remember but I was surprised to see that it goes all the way over to Avonmouth docks over on the estuary

Ah brilliant! I grew up in Clevedon, no doubt too far but if it gets to the airport it’ll cover my old secondary school at Blackwell.

Thought they might have fixed the music overlay remaining on when you exit out to a web browser for example… but no :roll_eyes:

Its apparently a bug. They didn’t remove the PG intentionally.

2 Likes

So far so good after a bumpy download procedure.

The official download began like usual. First the redirection to the Store and then back to the main update.
After being patient for half an hour I noticed the download was looping (at patch- or part 174).

I stopped the update and rebooted Fs. After the “searching for updates” line it finished the rest of the update.
I also updated the additional package with UK add-ons (which I didn’t notice at first).

Also, some reported a sync-problem (screen tearing) which others have solved by changing V-sync to Fast in Nvidia control panel.

It’s been reported as a bug.

Seems to be other areas having some issues at the moment too.

1 Like

I am, I thought it was my new GPU that was responsible

I noticed this as well and it made me laugh!!. Half of Manchester is going to love the Asobo designer who did that and half aren’t going to be so pleased.

Other than keeping us Red’s happy this update looks great. So much to see. One thing I have noticed though is that the other world updates have had a tour - Japan around the islands, US update a trip along the East Coast. Anyone know if a similar one is planned for the UK and Ireland?

The San Fran or Berlin photogrammetry for example look amazing and way cleaner. Why does it not look like that in comparison quality wise? The detail is there but it seems really low res/broken looking.

2 Likes

So pleased to see we now have stone cottages (and beamed) and other more rural buildings in areas like the Lake District. The autogen feels like it fits the landscape much better now. The mesh also seems to have much higher detail, it looks stunning and means my bush field landings will be a bit harder from now on with bumpy fields - love the improvements there!

However, flying around my home county, Norfolk - REALLY disappointed in the churches - non of them look remotely Norman, which I guess is understandable - but none even have a bloody tower! All our lovely church towers, visible for miles, completely hidden by trees because they are the height of bungalows.

PG does vary massively in quality. Some is much higher res than others. Just depends on who did it.

1 Like

Nice video, I also had to download UK and Ireland POI’s and Barra airport seperately from the Content Manager.

It must be landmarks that are stored on disk. That’s what the file says, anyway.

1 Like

Think I had my hopes set to high after using a community mod for London photogrammetry

Yep: after a restart everything is there.

1 Like