Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Yes absolutely i have downloaded all the updates relating to this in the market place

Off the topic, will there be a dev q&a in february or not?

LOL, all I can say is you must live in a relatively affluent area of America. Over here in the UK, those sums of money are not easily found for most people. I wouldn’t dream of spending out even the £1000-1500 required for a top end graphics card and that’s for me, not kids. Oh well, good for them that can but I am nowhere near that addicted. I’ve Lready passed my real PPL so being able to say I can fly a simulator doesn’t really impress me LOL. :joy:

Simrate+ :+1:! One positive for me is the excessive bobbling of the planes during simrate increases are gone. Scenery goes by smooth as a whistle and plane maintains altitude even on the FBW A320. Thanks for that!

1 Like

make sure they are installed in content manager, then restart your PC

Does anyone know if there’s a download of all new UK POIs that could be imported into LittleNavMap?

Hmm, what a challenge. Downloading the UK Content via Marketplace did not work. UI stuck at 300 MB, CTD after hitting ESC Key. Every time. But something was downloaded at the Background.
Via Content Manager i could install it expect of Land’s End Airport. This one gives me the UI Freeze and the CTD again. After a reboot, it’s seems to be installed.

Can you believe it? My blue car is outside my house. It’s supposed to in the carpark at EGBW. :joy:

Solihull church has a funny looking spire, but the building heights are proper.

Evesham has lost it’s bell tower. Its a garage now.

Canals are still a bit oversize, which makes VFR easier.

Haven’t seen a spike yet. Coventry skyline looks real from 8 miles.

Ragley Hall and Coughton Court look a bit boxy.

I didn’t see Dudley Castle on the POI list. Sticks out in RL.

1 Like

I found it, seems to be the “Centrale Ă©lectrique de cordemais”, a power station

1 Like

When you made IFR flight plans for A320 in World Map before World Update III, ILS frequencies were automatically put in MCDU.
Now it doesn’t work that way. You have to find and enter ILS frequencies manually. It’s quite a hassle doing it manually.

Does that occur with 3rd party addons or with default airports?

I tested it with two addon airports, which caused no problem (?) like this before.

Then don’t get that close! It’s a flying sim, not a driving one!! My house from any reasonable flight altitude (and even some illegal ones) looks downright amazing (most of my friends/family that I’ve shown it to are just shocked it’s in there at all, much less as realistic as it is), but if I try to fly at street level, or use the drone, or whatever means I might have to get to that level in the first place, yes, it looks like canine excrement.

But I don’t care because I don’t fly that low, because, and at the risk of being repetitive, it’s a flying simulator, not a driving one.

2 Likes

Your still flying till your wheels hit the ground then your driving! lol

2 Likes

Well, where I live is not relevant, because I’m talking about pretty much random posts found (mostly) in various FB groups and on Reddit. I have no clue where they are from in almost every case, and perhaps literally every case, but I don’t know.

And let me tell you, they can be vicious. I had one “parent” tell me his kids come first, so of course they were going to get better GPUs than he got for himself, and who the word not allowed here did I think I was for having the audacity to question such a choice.

My generation (known as Gen-X) has been absolutely horrible about just flat out spoiling their kids in an effort to be friends rather than parents, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Me, I’m old school when it comes to such things. I might get my kids a Playstation OR an XBox (but not both) as an xmas present, but they would never get a gaming PC as a gift, except maybe as a HS graduation one, assuming they had their stuff together on what was coming next in their lives. If they needed a PC of some sort for legitimate uses (like remote learning in the Covid era), they’d be getting a Chromebook, or equally priced Windows contraption of some sort. But if they want a legit gaming PC, get a job and pay for it themselves. My kids would not be spoiled, but eventually, they’d thank me for it.

Or maybe it’s a good thing I don’t have any, that I know of anyway.

6 Likes

It should work with the default airports.
I’m not sure what could have aggravated the issue with the addon airports.
It does seem to be worse than it was.

The update started with a 1 gig update, then the 23 gig update, then into the marketplace for the 4.65 gig update. I started last night and the first big one completed overnight. I started the 4.65 gig this morning.

Really glad I upgraded from my single 256gb SSD to a 1tb SSD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you use the standard A320 or the 32NX mod?
I have this problem also but only with the 32NX mod and not with the standard A320.

I tested it with both planes, which caused the problem.

Before the update, my free addon airports worked OK when it comes to automatic ILS frequency input.
When I reverted to default airports, the problem disappeared.

Thank you. I tested it with default airports, and it worked OK.
Asobo is quite good at coming up with new problems.
Every update is ‘two steps forward, one or two steps back’

3 Likes