Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

Sure seems that way doesn’t it!!! :disappointed:

Before the update, I had Flyingtheston’s EGBW Wellesbourne Mountford.
Taking off and landing on all four runways.

Now, after the update, put Flyingtheston’s EGBW back into Community, and the Saturday market is going on at the top end of runway 05.

It’s Thursday !!!

@SmileyOr1, my boot drive is a 1TB NVMe Samsung, and it is a fantastic piece of gear. I use it for (obviously) my OS, data files other than my movies that live on a NAS (but a lot of those actually live in the cloud courtesy of OneDrive, and save me a ton of space while still being readily available if/when I need them, but it does call into question just what my local backups are backing up), FS2020, and maybe 2 or 3 other games that I’m actively playing. I have a complete 1TB SATA SSD that I’ve reserved for FS2020 (think companion programs like Little Navmap, Navigraph, Pushback programs, etc.), and I’ve used it for my cache file (that when I use I give a full 100GB to), but I keep going back and forth as to whether or not using cache is helping or hurting. It’s not very full, and at the rate things are going, maybe never will be.

I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a 2TB NVMe and truly dedicating it to ONLY MSFS, including the game files, addons, updates, companion apps, and cache files (if I ever start using it again), and anything else that’s even remotely connected to the sim to live on, in their own dedicated, as fast as it gets with today’s technology, storage.

But, even though such drives are relatively inexpensive (especially when compared to everything else we spend money on for our simming rigs like VR HMDs, GPUs, high end controllers, and so on), it almost feels like unnecessary overkill to do so. Plus I’d have to dissemble who knows how much of my physical system just to drop the drive in to begin with, so for now, anyway, I’m holding off on doing that. I’m just not sure I see enough upside.

We’ll see how long that discretion lasts.

But even with all we spend on our sim rigs, the reality is that it still amounts to couch change compared to having a real airplane hobby, which I’ve done before. Twice. But I just wasn’t using them enough to justify the holding expenses, and now I’m disabled and doubt I could even get a medical, so it may not even be a hypothetical option anymore. And, that same disability had forced my income to $0/year, so even thinking about affording a plane is off the table. My wife already busts my nuts as it is for what I spend on virtual flying LOL!!! Of course, if you want to get hypertechnical, I am spending her money, so there is that…

Anyway, I’m out, the skies are calling!

I am surprised you are surprised to learn that parents spend way too much on their kids.
When you look at the number of consoles already out there at 500 a pop. Go online and try to buy one. All sold out.
That’s what parents pay for babysitting now. Much easier to just toss them a controller than trying to find a sitter at last moment.

I created KML file of the 122 POIs I found on here.

You can download it at flightsim.to.

The Planet is Calling will out soon :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am very happy about the improved taxiway signs. Thank you MS/Asobo.

The problem is the regular changes and updates of the sims core and the incomplete SDK that is made available by asobo for the 3th party devs. There is no stable version for 3th party devs.

1 Like

Ireland is a mjaor dissapontment . 4 POI thats all. My apartment block in Dublin is still a warehouse like before the update.

I’m sure someone already mentioned it, but I’ve now seen the white line running along the tops of mountain ranges. It’s not as noticeable against clear skies but with darker clouds it’s really obvious. Like you over sharpened a photo. It wasn’t there before the uk update. Any way to make it go away?

https://snipboard.io/wJy2W0.jpg

Turn off the photogrammetry in the settings. Your internet bandwidth is not big enough. I had the same problem. Don’t worry, because you still get all the interesting features.

1 Like

Nope, still there. As I said it wasn’t a problem before the update, with pg turned on. But thanks anyway :slight_smile:

You say warehouse. My estate agent would say “A spacious opportunity with development prospects”.

6 Likes

In the usercfg file in your installation folder, (open with notepad), scroll down til you find the sharpening option and turn it off, “0”.
Save and restart MSFS. Difference?

I’ll give that a go. If I can find where I installed to lol. Thanks.

1 Like

So seriously, where would I find usercfg. My ms2020packages folder is in drive e: but I can’t find it under there using search. Give me a clue :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that the basic version of MFS is part of Game Pass to which the vast majority of Xbox users will be subscribed so there’s no extra cost for that anyway. It’s only the premium bits that require payment.

Wish I was on THAT computer right now…
Start in the USERS folder and work your way down.
I’ll go hunting through my old posts. If I find it I’ll pass it on.

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

You wouldn’t really want this it’s got an i5 - 6400 which is showing its age with fs2020 lol. I was looking to update the processor but advice said it wasn’t worth it as the mother board needs replacing for the latest processors and memory. Ah just saw your latest post , many thanks for that. I’ll go and try it out. Cheers.

LOL
I meant my computer that has MSFS installed.