Discussion: World Update III: United Kingdom

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oops

Well there’s a bit of improvement. But it’s still quite obvious. Maybe it’ll get sorted down the line. Or maybe if I get an upgrade pc wise it’ll vanish. Thanks for the help.

You can also check in your GPU driver manager for settings related to sharpening and continue to tweak from there.

There are a number of post processing adjustments in that cfg file that may help too.

The most important factor in the simulation is FLIGHT DYNAMICS… including total functionality on the aircraft and real world METAR by tuning into the ATIS… which I find missing and unacceptable!

1. Flight Dynamics (including a functional aircraft…all buttons working)
  2. Weather
  3. Scenery
    So lets have a 20GIG update on Flight Dynamics and Weather, because that is realism for a pilot…not scenery thousands of feet below.
3 Likes

You realize this was a ‘World update’, which updates, you know ‘the world’.

Next patch will be a ‘Sim update’, which will update the mechanics etc.

And before you ask; no, the people who work on photogrammetry and custom POI’s are not the same people who work on the flight model etc.

1 Like

While I take you point about the flight dynamics etc. It’s also fair to say that many, many pilots are drawn to this new sim exactly because you don’t have to fly thousands of feet in the air to have lot’s of fun. Bush flying is becoming very popular.

2 Likes

Bing took their photos on Saturday.

The outdoor market is operating on Bing Aerial view.

That’s 05/23 out of use until the next revision. :grinning:

Maybe I could pop round and buy some new bedsheets and pillow cases.

1 Like

Let’s get ATC at the towers that deserve it.

1 Like

Not exactly sure what you mean by “messed up”, but my Xbox controller settings have been turfed by several of the updates, including this one. It’s a pain having to figure out what they were to try to recreate them.

I agree…VFR flying became realistic and it was definitely what drew me back, but the flight dynamics must never take 2nd seat. Being able to fly a route (VFR General Aviation) before flying it for real is worth millions to the community.

2 Likes

If the vision of a very high wall can be used, there is also in Bologna - Italy where I live. Actually along the side of the hill, in reality, there is a long portico that leads to the sanctuary. The wall appeared after the update 3.

When flying over the Humber Bridge there appears to be two levels?! Like a mini bridge that runs under it. It looks like the game is rendering scenery and showing a bridge underneath the newly created point of interest. I deleted my cache but it’s still there. Is that the same for everyone or is it just me and my game?? EGNJ 350° Ish for anyone looking for it.

Update

I turned off photogrammetry and the second bridge disappears, which would suggest I was right about it rendering scenery and conflicting with the POI. Would appreciate someone giving this a test to see if it’s limited to just me.

1 Like

I have done that already, but a 250Mb/s stable internet speed is not enough?
I think the problem is not my internet speed, but the speed of the Microsoft server.

2 Likes

I have a 10Gbit connection and photogrammetry over London is always a mess…

I have to ask… From what altitude are you viewing the scenery when it resembles “a mess”?

While I’m at it, has anyone else experienced some unexplained performance hits in this area, near EGET?

It was fine to the as I travelled from the South, and when I headed West, and North away from it. I didn’t check the frame rate but I would imagine it was low double digits. Very odd, as there didn’t appear to be any scenery that might explain that.

From 1000ft and below

Same for me 1000 to 1500 feet.
I have created a ticket at Zendesk.

1 Like

Decided to Fly out of London where all the mess is and get down low on the outskirts, much nicer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the honesty. Photogrammetry is never going to look ‘handcrafted’ or even half as good as autogen as long as the data being used is derived from moving aircraft and vehicle scans. Without going into a drawn out explanation, the stitching algorithms just aren’t that good yet.

As an experiment to help with perspective, you can download a free app for your phone that will allow you to take multiple pictures of an object from various angles and it will then create a 3d model of that object. The number of pictures and the accuracy of finished model are directly related. With a bit of practice you MIGHT be able to get a reasonable rendition of your whiskey glass that does NOT look like it melted along with the ice.

Photogrammetic scenery is created from a relatively small number of photos taken at various times of day from relatively unstable locations and the algorithm then attempts to stitch it all together to render a 3d object. Looks fine from a couple thousand feet away but the closer you get the more the image is overcome by the limitations of the data and the less it looks like a building.

The handcrafted buildings look wonderful but the rest are a mess when you get close. That is the reality. No amount of bandwidth or graphic card tweaks will change that.

2 Likes