Distance of night stars are not infinity in VR

Did anyone find out the night sky is weird in VR? I feel it is not in infinity in distance. The night sky looks like a whole plain texture without depth. Sometimes I even feel the sky is below some clouds.

So it looks just what it is, a blurry stretchet overbright image mapped to an sphere.

What did you expect?

Yep been discussed at length before, not an urgent item but one I hope gets some attention in the future.

It was discussed before a few months ago. It’s indeed a texture creating a sky dome which is lower than usual cloud coverage (could be 200 meters). The resolution of this texture layer is probably quite high but not high enough to look convincing.
Btw: water bodies have no depth at all (beside reflection of environment) in VR.

On a similar note, do only I see layers on cockpit digital displays in VR? For example on a GPS the magenta track is slightly above the background.

It’s how you program it, but it should not be visible on a virtual representation of a flat screen.

Vote here:

Indeed, I observe the same

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.