DLSS option not showing up

I had this problem and ended up re-installing Windows 11. That solved the problem until yesterday when I installed a new GPU. Everything was great until this morning I went on MSFS and noticed the FPS drop. I looked in options and noticed that it had reset to TAA and DLSS was no longer an option. I went into settings and saw under Windows Update that a new driver was installed today. I solved the problem by going into Control Panel>>>Hardware and Sound>>>>Device Manager>>>>Under display adapter I right clicked on mine>>>>click on Properties>>>click on Driver tab>>>click on Roll Back Driver>>>selected that previous driver worked better>>>saved. Restarted computer and MSFS and DLSS was once again listed as an option.

Having the same issue here after changing my CPU from i7 12700k to i9 13900k. DLSS was always an option until I change this CPU.

The only solution seems to reinstall Windows which I really donā€™t want to. Hope someone get a solution.

Thank you

the CPU should have nothing to do with DLSSā€¦ somewhat else must be the culpritā€¦ a big guess: check that the internal gpu is involved, possible disable internal gpu in device-manager or bios

This didnā€™t do the trick. I can enable DLSS in other games. Only MSFS is affected.

Since I couldnā€™t find any solution I ended up reinstalling Windows and resintalling basically everything. The DLSS option showed up again. Itā€™s a pitty I had to do this.

1 Like

Upgraded to Win11 months ago specifically to resolve this issue even though DLSS was present in other titles. Worked, used DLSS perfectly fine on my RTX3080 in MSFS. Never touched drivers, just dealt with the occasional sim GPU related crash everyone else had been in DX12. No biggie.

Last week, Nvidia drops a new driver that apparently resolved this DX12 CTD. Decided to clean install the driver just to get up-to-date, and guess what? DLSS disappears once more from the sim. Tried going back to older drivers, tried DDU, tried forcing it via user.cfgā€¦ No where to be found once again. I cant really be expected to clean install Win11 again.

Users on Steam are reporting the same issue for Asoboā€™s Plague Tale Requiem, with the DLSS implementation not selectable on what is otherwise supported RTX hardware.

Presumably the 3080 is a graphics card? If so does your PC also have an onboard Nvidia gpu e.g a GT1060 or similar? ā€¦ if it does then disable it in bios and then ddu and reinstall the latest Nvidia driver

Just has onboard Intel 630 but that is not in use as my display is directly connected to my GPU. Thanks for the suggestion though, it may help others with discrete onboard graphics. I had sent Asobo a ticket and was told it was under investigation.

Ended up backing up files, wiping the PC and reinstalling windows for the 2nd time since this issue first cropped up in SU12. Setting is back. General PSA to anyone who has had this issue in the past, think twice about updating your drivers because not even

• DDU, clean installs,
  • Rolling back,
  • Older drivers that once showed DLSS
  • Disabling / Renabling HAGS
  • DLSS Swapper
  • Disabling fastboot to ensure a driver is loaded fresh each boot, or even
  • Complete sim reinstalls

Will resolve the issue. For me at least, on two separate occasions, a full re-install of Win11 was the only method I was able to find that fixed the issueā€¦ Obv there is some tiny software glitch somewhere that causes a flag to flip and never recover and only really seems to be affecting Asoboā€™s DLSS implimentation on this game engine in MSFS & Plagues Tale. Glad the response I got from zendesk was that both Nvidia and Asobo are looking into the matter.

Cheers.

• GotFriends Developer Mykrode
1 Like

Things are not always as obvious as they seem, if itā€™s not in use then disable it preferably in bios. Point being is if the Windowsā€™ (or Nvidiaā€™s) own machine learning sees a potential conflict who actually knows what it will default to? possibly not even the coders that write the scripts.

Reinstall the driver using DDU actually worked for me. Not sure how many people here actually tried it, I was not going to try the DDU solution because there are not many successful reports here. However, I was really out of options so I just tried it as the last resort and it worked.

1 Like

This just happened to me, tried all the fixes on here and the only one that worked was reinstall of windows 11 :flushed:
Asobo really need to sort this out, canā€™t be having to reinstall the OS againā€¦

Asobo can do a lot of things but sorting out Windows 11 isnā€™t one of them :wink:

1 Like

Windows 10 pro, MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4, i9 13900K, RTX 4090 Gaming OC, 32GB ram ā€¦
no issues :wink:

Itā€™s not just windows 11 though, Asobo should have a fix for any OS suddenly not seeing DLSS and FG

They canā€™t see inside your machine ā€¦ if this was a common problem there would be more chance

Well just because it ainā€™t happening to you doesnā€™t make it not known, lots of threads here and the nett asking why, this single thread has 376 posts :joy:

And I daresay most of them are from me, thereā€™s still been very few sufferers and all on here seem to have managed to fix it including yourself. So if it canā€™t be reproduced in their lab Iā€™m not sure what or how Asobo can investigate.

Your point being :thinking::roll_eyes:

Well letā€™s hope it doesnā€™t happen again at least :crossed_fingers::thinking:
Nice to be able play at full strength again :sunglasses:

Amen to that

1 Like