DLSS option not showing up

its on DX12

This was a fix for better performance which may be obsolete since newer drivers came out.

Thanks very much

When I had this issue, the fix was to right-click the exe for MS Flight Simulator, and disable the Windows 8 Compatibility mode in properties. I had apparently enabled this at some previous time, in order to use some 3rd-party planes I downloaded.

It would be nice if MSFS would warn you itā€™s being launched with this compatibility mode enabled though, since itā€™s easy to forget, and one would have little reason to suspect this as the culprit for why a particular graphics option is not showing up.

I have a RTX3080 and have had the same problem since GRD 517.48.
So I am running GRD 517.48 in order to get DLSS as a an option. I have reported this to NVIDIA but they have so far not come up with a fix.

I upgraded my gpu to a RTX 4080. I no longer am getting DLSS now on GRD 517.48 so I just upgraded to GRD 528.24. Still no DLSS. I right clicked on exe for MS Flight Simulator but Windows 8 compatibilty mode was not checked so that isnā€™t the problem. Anyone have anything else to try?

In case someone is still reading this and have a similar problem, I will just go ahead and do this update. After trying everything in this topic without success, I did a clean install of Windows 11. I had to re-install MSFS through Steam too (I had previously re-installed MSFS before, but it did not solve the problem). Halleluiah! It worked. I finally have DLSS as an option.

1 Like

Is this bug been fixed yet. I getting the same result, no DLSS option, I have a 280 super RTX card. I tried to submit a bug report, but every time I hit submit, the screen goes blank and put me back at the startā€¦ Iā€™ve updated everything, but still no DLSS option.

Thanks for your time

Robert

??? never heard of it, please try to be more accurate.

And I think itā€™s probably best you supply a full description of your PCā€™s hardware including bios number and driver versions, especially chipset.

This has to do with the DLSS setting for the RTX video cards. Suppose to help with FPSā€™s. My issue is when I go to the display setting, the option to choose the DLSS setting is not there. Thereā€™s TAA, DLAA and AMD, but not DLSS. I wanted to know if they fixed this problem or if someone else fixed it so that it will show up. I know there are others out there with the same problem, but no one really specified how they fixed it.

My specs are as follows;

Base

Alienware Aurora R11

Processor

10th Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

Operating System

Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit, English

Video Card

Liquid Cooled NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® RTX 2080 Superā„¢ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Memory

32GB Dual Channel HyperXā„¢ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz; up to 64GB

Hard Drive

2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Chassis Options

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power

Keyboard

Alienware Gaming Keyboard

Mouse

Logitech G903

Hard line

945.84 Download Mbps

734.10 upload Mbps

My drivers for the video card are the latest drivers for Nvidia, 531.18, which was released on 02/28/23. I donā€™t know what you mean by chipset or wjhere to find it.

Robert

Thanks for the reply. Actually, Iā€™ve been fighting with this for approximately 4 months. All my drivers have been updated, which has resulted in no change for DLSS. The current drivers I have today are 531.18, dated 02/28/23. Looking below, at the right side, there is no DLSS option on the left side just below Anti Aliasing as in the video, On the right side under description it explains the Nvidia DLSS, however, when I change the Anti Aliasing option, there are only 3, TAA, DLAA or AMD, there is no DLSS setting. Also, the left picture of my nvidia page, it has RTX-DLSS as showing as balanced in the optimal settings and shows the same settings if I revert it.

Robert

1 Like

You make no mention of your bios or chipset versions but I suggest you try the newest from your Moboā€™s site.

And in Windows display settings turn on hardware accelerated graphics and gaming mode and donā€™t allow GeForce to optimise games.

If DLSS is still not selectable in games you should probably contact Dell ā€¦ they have a record of putting high end gpuā€™s into systems not designed for them and then using bios/driver tricks to keep them from overheating ā€¦ usually Alienware laptops but maybe thereā€™s been some overspill to PC in the rush to get them to market?

to be sure: the former in topic mentioned TDRLevel setting and that HAGS was not disabled ( default on in win11, need set on in win10 ), have you already checked ?

The chip is intel. As far as everything you mentioned, it was done. I guess Iā€™ll have to do without.

Thanks for the help.

I hope you get it eventually ā€¦ I suggest you look on reddit for your exact make and model of graphics card because I have heard in the past of beta and laptop chips making their way into production ā€¦ itā€™s rare but who actually knows what goes on in China/Taiwan etc.

1 Like

Hi Robert,

In GENERAL OPTIONS < GRAPHICS your ANTI-ALIASING setting is TAA.
When you donā€™t set this to NVIDIA DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION the menu item
NVIDIA DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION will not show up.

bye, good luck,
walter

Hi Walter, thanks

Thatā€™s my problem, the Nvidia DLSS super Resolution does not show up on the left side of the screen, nor does the DLSS show in in the different options menu. The only ones that show up are TAA, DLAA and AMD. But if you look in the description box to the far left, the DLSS description is there.

Robert

1 Like

Sorry, far right side of the description box.

Just one thing Iā€™ve noticed:

XMP @ 2933MHz - Does this mean Dell have fobbed you off with basically what would be a 3 or 4xx mobo commercially? or does it support faster ram? ā€¦ How old is that rig?

Edit: Having looked it up I see itā€™s not that old and it does support 3200MHz, whether that makes a difference for DLSS I donā€™t know although I canā€™t imagine why. You obviously paid a lot of money so why not ask Dell for support?

I also donā€™t see the AMD FSR option.

I donā€™t see that FSR 2.1 option. Maybe thatā€™s only for the RX 6000 / 7000 RNDA 2 / 3 but not for my RDNA1 RX 5700 XT GPU?