DLSS option not showing up

@TFEV1909 Mark this as a solution! Great job! @Jummivana

Now I just need to check if it was worth the effort :rofl:

Nice hunch there @CasualClick!

4 Likes

I still have nothing. I reinstalled the driver using and made sure it was default reset all settings. Clicked through everything I could in settings and the DLSS option is still not showing. Asus TUF 3090 OC 24gb is the card. Can’t find much about DLSS having issues in a quick search.

3 Likes

Its ONLY the sharpening option, it works with ALL GPUs, no matter the brand. 100 seems to be the default value, turn it to 0and see everything getting blurry. Its NOT the same as DLSS! Its just a sharpening option…

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution would be the AMD equivalent to DLSS. But seems not to be implemented.

6 Likes

Thank you for the clarification – that makes much more sense.

I have tried everything with my 3090. Completely uninstalled the driver and did a new install. Still nothing. I have the newest driver and a 3090 graphics card. No idea what to try next but I only get the three anti-aliasing options.

4 Likes

Same here. Geforce 3090, 516.59 driver and SU10. DirectX 12 enabled in-game. Setting does not show up.

3 Likes

Also not showing up for my configuration! According to the simulator’s UserCfg.opt file, the program detects my adapter as a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU. I am running the latest driver version for my system, 516.59. I’ve tried fiddling with the V-Sync, Frame Rate Limit, and Anti-Aliasing settings to no avail.

4 Likes

Have you done a reboot as well?

Reinstalled driver here too, and followed the solution.
Still no DLSS option for me on a 3090 Aorus

EDIT : looking at the usercfg.opt file, I can see the entries for it, but just does not show up in the UI.
Graphics card is correctly detected in this file too. I have manually tried to force the option with editing but to to avail.

1 Like

No DLSS option here, updated to the latest Nvidia driver, no luck…
RTX3090 in use.

1 Like

I also have a 3090 and it is working as intended. Just to point that’s not related to the chip model itself.

I wonder if we will have to do something dramatic like full uninstall and reinstall of the sim :thinking:

Hello. It is not the same until Asobo adds FSR 2.0 version of AMD FidelityFX. The CAS sharpening is older technology. Here is a link.

If you scroll down you will see MSFS2020 listed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the sim and that didn’t work. I pointed back to the same community folder so I didn’t have to download 100 gig but the core sim was entirely removed and back to default. Still no DLSS. The community folder is empty. My driver is the latest 516.59 and my graphics card in the usercfg.opt is “NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090”.

1 Like

“Performance” Mode , hmmm… that mean related to your native WQHD resolution the image will be rendered with only “1.280 × 720”. Would be intressting if that gives a quality which you expect.
( “Quality” setting should render with 1.706 × 960 and give may be much better results , in special a 3070 should have zero problems to render WQHD )

1 Like

For anyone who is interested I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and suddenly the DLSS option appeared.

In addition to the post above, I already have windows 11 on my system but the DLSS now shows up, only by downloading the windows insider beta preview through your windows update settings.

Bit odd this that you have to try beta windows to get the setting to show.

same happening to me it doesn’t show up :frowning: