Do we still need both versions of the Garmin GNS 430/530

Sorry if I missed some obvious news but this is extra confusing now, especially in the latest beta:

There are 2 versions of the WT Garmin GNS 430/530 available.

I removed the older one but then seemed to remember that it is still required for some aircraft. So added it back.

I wonder if some helpful person can clarify.

• Are they both needed?
  • What is the effect of having both or only one?

Thank you in advance.

(Dear mods, I hope I posted this in the correct place). :slight_smile:

Only the makers of the aircraft youā€™re using can tell you that. The safe assumption is all MS Asobo made stock planes that use the GNS are compatible with the latest code. All others, you must inquire.

1 Like

My understanding (based on past WT comments on their Discord) is that the WT mod for the GNS 530/430 previously available as a free download via the Marketplace has been fully deprecated since AAU1 was implemented. It should be uninstalled via the content manager.

The new ā€˜baseā€™ 530/430 is included in the core packages and should work with any aircraft that has a 530/430 including 3rd party. Itā€™s obvious when itā€™s in use as each unit has a start-up and GPS acquisition screen that the original lacked.

Iā€™d take this as the baseline position. If you encounter a 3rd party aircraft where the 530/430 doesnā€™t seem to work you can then contact the Dev, but I donā€™t think that will apply to any of the main Devs.

(Having both installed may lead to conflicts)

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Super helpful. Iā€™m try uninstalling the older package again then and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

Much appreciated.

Iā€™ve used the PMS 530/430 combo since it was first available. Since the WT is now integrated into MSFS as stock, that mod is being retired.

Iā€™ve switched from using that mod to the integrated WT530/430 thats stock now and my AP is all screwed up now. ALT on my Logitech multipanel now displays 99000. VS doesnā€™t transition into alt hold when it reaches the ALT set in the plane, and instead just keeps on climbing, etc.

1 Like

I use the 530/430 with the Logitech multi panel and also Radio panel.

What are you using to drive your panels? The Logitech plugin or something like SPAD.next? I use SPAD and have no issue using standard simevents to command the AP.

Also on what aircraft? The 530 is not the autoflight system - that is usually a KAP140 or something similar but it depends on the aircraft and how the Dev has implemented the integration with the 530/430.

I use it with the nextgen emb-110.

The Multi panel worked fine with the PMS GNS530/430 combo, but when I switched to using the stock 530/430 combo thatā€™s now integrated into MSFS the AP on the logitech doesnā€™t work right. I am using spad, but most of the multipanel setup is stock.

If you are using SPAD you should uninstall the Logitech driver and only use SPAD to drive the devices - you can get conflicts otherwise.

Have you tried with another aircraft that uses the 530, perhaps one of the stock ones?

I do only use spad and have so for quite a while. Even made profiles for the EMB-110 and have them on flightsim.to

The problem is that the multipanel AP portion doesnā€™t work the same since the WT530/430 integration.

Odd. Best to take this to the SPAD discord if you havenā€™t already. It must use non-standard simevents or more likely they have not updated the aircraft to accommodate the new WT avionics framework.

My understanding is 1.1.4 is for MS/Asobo planes and the 1.1.5 is for everyone else.

It really has been confusingā€¦

1 Like

You donā€™t by chance have a SPAD profile for a KA350 with Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo do ya?

And that is the CRUNCH. It would appear that the WT GNS Garmins are still in development, and still have bugs to be resolved.

No doubt they will be resolved, but at the moment, there does seem to be numerous issues, so it might not yet be the time to totally throw away the PMS50 version

2 Likes

My understanding was that 1.1.4 was deprecated and not to be used (I use only 1.1.5 and it works fine in my 3rd party PC-6 and Twotter)

Does it work for Asobo planes? Like the Bonanza?

Well to be 100% sure, Iā€™d have to check with a flight, but itā€™s too late for that right now. But Iā€™m 99% confident that 1.1.5 is the stock sim 530/430 and so designed to work with all stock aircraft.

2 Likes

Does this still work with 1.1.5? Been a long time since I used it.

Personally, I still prefer the latest PMS60 GNS530, which is version 1.0.54

My ā€œPersonalā€ choice because it offers feature that the WT GNS530 is missing, and is reported as ā€œNot Plannedā€ to be implemented.

Yes, the WT GNS530 has new features, that are present in the RL Garmin, and NOT in the Pms50 version, (like missed approaches), but being brought up and learning to fly before GPS, I do not find flying a missed approach manually a big deal,

However, what I do find a big deal, is not being able to store Flight Plans in the Garmin, as well as what is meant to be a GPS, messing with the operation of an almost 100% correctly simulated KAP140 Autopilot.

MY Choice ā€¦ and what is nice, is that currently, we are all free to make our own choices.

2 Likes

My 430 no longer allows me to adjust the com2 standby decimal input in the WB Sim c172.

E.g. If I try to input (random example) 119.175, I canā€™t dial the ā€œ175ā€

Removed and replaced all my add ons. No luck. :person_shrugging:

This appears to be a MSFS bug, that has been around since release,

If the COM radio ( Com1 or com2) gets changed to an invalid .xxx, then it cannot be incremented or decremented.

Force it back to a valid .xxx and then it can be incremented & decremented.

Note: If set to an invalid .xxx, it ca always be set to a new .xxx with the SET event.