Do you guys see any AI offline traffic any more?

This ^^^^^

Same here ,no AI planes

2 Likes

What about on the ground? Before SU5, starting from cold and dark I’d usually be in a queue for permission to take-off and have to wait for other planes to clear the runway first. There would be several on the taxiways, circling the airport in the circuit and talking on the ATC asking for permission to take off, land, push back etc. It’s just empty airports and empty airwaves now.

2 Likes

It’s horribly unrealistic, feels like a completely lifeless world. Empty airports everywhere.

1 Like

Be patient :wink:

1 Like

Oddly enough, I have the exact opposite experience! I had never seen any AI traffic before Hotfix 2, and now it has started appearing! There’s not a lot - and certainly not what is happening in real time at the major airports - but there’s enough for me to make the sim a whole lot more immersive.

I’m pretty thrilled with the state of things right now.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s some kind of selection bug. Strangely, I disabled all air traffic for my last flight, and then a plane did take off from Perranporth airfield just as I was coming in to land, albeit going the wrong way! So I’m wondering if for some reason off is on and on is off right now for some people?

This seems silly, but I couldn’t get my Saitek radio to work for a week since SU5 and then someone posted it was an issue with users who were also using a Bravo throttle quadrant as it had mapped a master avionics toggle one of the Bravo switches and set it to off by default. Even though I was visibly turning on the avionics on with my Honeycomb yoke and the radios in game were lighting up, my real radio only lights up now once I switch the switch on the throttle quadrant.

So maybe some strange config bug is impacting AI Offline traffic for some people and disabling it when we turn it on?

The thread is about offline AI traffic, not VFR or ATC.

I’m flying from Las Vegas to San Francisco atm. I see 4 planes on my scope (CJ4) and seeign those 4 plus another dozen or so on LIttle NavMap.

It’s hit or miss though. Somet days, the skies are teeming with traffic. Other times, you’re lucky to see even 1 other plane on a long haul flight.

We have the xbox port now less view distance, less AI ect.

1 Like

I quite disagree. I’ve seen more live traffic since the SU5 / Xbox launch than probably ever. It’s hit or miss like I said earlier, but overall, I’m seeing a wide variety of AI traffic far more regularly now than any tme since launch. Prior to that, I could go for days flying around busy hubs and never see any planes at all, or maybe 1 or 2 at most.

The Sim was working fine until the last upload. Suddenly, there was no ground vehicles (baggage, catering, fuel). When requested they are granted but are nowhere to be seen. In addition my spoilerkey (/) stopped working. (That I had to ‘reprogram’). But the vacant airports is a mood killer. Takes away from the realism of the game. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Like

Plenty of it on my last few hops, even way up in the Northwest Territories where it’s all scheduled bush flights.

My bad others have mentioned it too in this thread,sorry you feel so offended that you needed to point this out.Hope you recover from this shocking oversight I’ve made.

I’m sure I’ll recover lol…but thanks anyway.

No hard feelings I hope.

I have seen a propeller plane flying by on low altitude while flying around in New York a few days ago. So yes there is AI traffic - and there are also many planes parking on airports. :slight_smile:

Imo, whenever you see offline AI traffic or not is useless. Especially when planes are departing, rapidly accelerating at 250 kts, then violently starting rotating not gaining any altitude at all (despite they will after quite a while). Also let’s not forget about the tremendous slowliness of arriving aircrafts when exiting the runways. This issue also cause the next arriving aircrafts to go around.
The last issue is already well known and i’m aware of that. I’m just asking myself, for any of you that actually see AI traffic, is all of that a fine behavior by the AI for you? :man_shrugging:t2:

No multiplayer traffic anywhere
Before SU 5 lots of traffic (multiplayer and live traffic ( no lights aswell and no ac models visible, when only 1 is passing by in 4 hours). No nameplates aswell. Please fix it! Thx

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed ping to Asobo.
Please do not ping team members to bring attention to an issue or bug.

1 Like

Just tried AI offline traffic for the first time. Two flights and nothing.

yes. its terrible. more of this: it happened on august. summer month. as if we were punished. really.