Does Anyone Else Miss 2D Cockpits / Panels?!

Yeah if you make a panel or have a separate screen for the panel. Just flying with no panel at all isn’t “immersive” is what I’m saying.

I think “immersive” has become a pretty empty buzzword now that people just use to dress up their own personal preferences to make them seem objective. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

Fair enough. Certainly only expressing my own preferences.

MODERATOR EDIT: This post was merged from another topic.

I have been trying the sim out now. Note I still run Fs2004 and love it.
In the MSFS2020 I believe to make it more for training, these features should be added

Dockable windows.
It is very hard to change radio knobs while you are flying Be good to pop up window so you can do quickly. Especially when instrument flying.

I have been flight sim and real flying for a long time and Flight sim kept me in practice when not in the air.
Hope they can be incorporated in future releases

3 Likes

Us home cockpit pilots sure would like the ‘undocked’ option back like we had in FSX…kinda hard to move stuff around when you can;t move stuff around! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right ALT + click the instrument you wanted to ‘undock’

1 Like

Somehow I missed that, thanks for the tip…it seems to work somewhat.

Well, not me. Thanks, but I’m glad that there are improved 3D cockpits. TrackIR5 would not provide a nice experience with 2D cockpit.

6 votes in 5 weeks? 2D cockpits are probably not very popular. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: [Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.]

1 Like

PLease, please, i need 2d popup cdu, fmc windows with buttons for touchscreen monitor and undock views, for home cokpit.
Is Mandatory for simers.

3 Likes

You can use your arrow keys on the keyboard to move left, right, up and down moving your eyepoint (seat height) quickly. I also have a button on my joystick to re-centre it quickly.

And as for better view of the scenery…same problem in real life in a PA-28 when you are short so for me very realistic :rofl:

Nearly happy with MSFS, but with a MAJOR issue for me: Why can’t we have a separate instriment panel we can move to another display?winscreen on top and instruments under, complete and working, quite leke in real! and, like we could get in P3D or FSX, IR track working only for the uper view! The deplacable MFD & PFD images are a joke, you can’t control them. My actual solution is to enlarge downward my upper screen, only way to have instruments large enough to read at a glance,but then it cuts in two the other views.Usable but not top!
Why not many complaints for that, is there a prospect on that issue? Thanks.

1 Like

Right ALT + click not working?

Edit: Or are you saying something else?

Hello, Yes right Alt+ works, but it only gives you the PFD(or MFD) screen, not the buttons, so you still have to rely on the main display to
change anything, not very practical, also, it burns a lot of fps, and, sure, doesn’t work with the steam gauges panels! I stay with MSFS mostly because of the image quality(to say the least), and better VFR possibilities following a truer landscape than P3D &FSX, but I really regret the 5 or 6 windows I could get on 4 monitors with separate views, GPS, radios,map,throttles, overhead and so on. How does it work for simmers with a detailed cockpit? fly well.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to move the whole VCockpit interior to a 2nd Monitor, or spread across multiple monitors… making the panel 1:1 in size with RL, and having the Outside on separate monitors, maybe even run off a 2nd synced PC.

Not a Unique idea !!!

But really, not a lot of point in DREAMING or HAVING this, till the planes fly correctly

2 Likes

I thank that I would be very cool with that too.

Consider running triple 2560x1440 monitors for the outside view, using a 3080, and then use the Intel GPU port to drive a cockpit view. Done deal!

Setup a bare-bones computer and monitor on the side for Little Nav Maps and we could have it all!

2 Likes

Very nice setup mark, a suggestion is about a 4th screen placed underneath the middle screen setup with an angle for youre addon flightcharts or instruments this could be a 14 inch or 22 inch on the side altough you might have to extend youre table, ask at companies if they have outdated screens which the want to throw away, it might be cheap but excellent for testing.
But in the mean time enjoy youre simulator.

Regards

Sebastiaan

1 Like

Maybe this is of help? I have not tried it yet, but it sounds like it will get you halfway there

Thanks for the idea. Just let us know -if you do-how to work it the same PC than MSFS, just to use other displays.

Thanks, Sebastiaan!

Sometimes it’s just difficult reading what’s on the displays, because the text is so small and the point of view doesn’t help. The good old 2D panels would solve the issue and i also think they would turn very useful to cockpit builders.
Also they are probably pretty easy to implement as a development standpoint.

2D Panels i would consider:
PFD
ND
MFD
Radio Panel
FMC/MCDU
EICAS
ECAM

2 Likes