Does anyone know how to get ramp workers/ tow (or tug) to move?

For the sake of some realism and to promote safety, does anyone know how to get the Marshalers and tug out of the way when I’m starting up on the ramp or taxiing? Greatly appreciated

3 Likes

Ask for pushback is the only way. They move you. I just taxi through them.

1 Like

Left shift + p is the default keystroke for push-back.

1 Like

I think what he’s asking is, is there a way to remove the marshalers out of the way when starting say a Cessna 172 for example.

I’m curious about this too.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be a way - they didn’t seem to put a whole bunch of effort into the airport environment. None of the vehicles nor people clip, which I’ve also found a little disappointing. Makes it easier to taxi with just M+KB though.

1 Like

There’s a #self-service:wishlist thread on something similar here: Remove ground vehicles from active taxiways!

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out a way, so I just started cutting them to pieces with my propeller. Apparently they don’t care, nor react much though. Then again, this solution seems to go against what my flight instructor told me, which is that yelling, “CLEAR PROP!” out the window does not give me a license to simply shred anybody who doesn’t move out of the way within 1 minute. Apparently, he was of the opinion that I should get out of the plane and tell them to move. According to him it’s cheaper than replacing a damaged propeller.

4 Likes

You gotta stick your face out the window and yell “CLEAR PROP!”

I haven’t found the keybind for that yet.

4 Likes

I like that the guy is there ready to push me back. I really do admire the work ethic logic asobo has programmed into these “model” ramp workers, but I don’t always need a pushback and they are just kind of in the way… always. A command or script to have them move back or away in the ATC would work.

2 Likes

Why does everyone need to start the prop before asking for push back. Just ask the guy to push you away from the area and when he’s gone start the propeller as normal. Can’t this be done?

2 Likes

You have to be at a gate ( not runway or taxiway)
Option for ground crew will appear in ATC window after clearance

Any way one looks at it, these ramp workers for GA are mostly pointless and do very little to develop an immersive experience.

3 Likes

My policy is ‘move, or become ground beef… We can do this either way…’

4 Likes

Switching on the red beacons should be enough to make them move away from the aircraft. In RL every ramp worker knows to stay clear of planes when they blink and I’d like to see that in Fs, too.

1 Like

Aha! A useful new function for the “any” key.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.