Does Zendesk ever get anything fixed?

I would disagree with that triage system. If we used a FIFO prioritization we would still have a lot of game breaking bugs that haven’t even been started.

My first flight upon release, after flying over my house, was a flight from CYDQ to CYXS. I needed full power to turn off the active and onto an intersecting runway. Had I not been carrying a fair amount of speed there is no way I would have been able to taxi up the 40-50 foot rise. Needless to say that does not belong. I Zendesked it. Aug 21, 2020 I believe. Took a swing in there a couple months back, no change.

Really has no effect on my enjoyment of the sim but double the lift from flaps would have been a problem.

There have been a LOT of bug fixes over the last 20 months that were absolute must fixes. CTD elimination has been number one for some time now. I don’t have an issue but if I did, I would be livid if they fixed the hill in the runway before they got my CTD issues sorted.

There are hundreds of missing runways, incorrect taxiways, annoying graphics anomalies, trees or lamp posts in the wrong place. I would bet thousands of tickets for niggly little things that really have no effect on the overall usability. Pretty sure I could list a few recent major bug fixes that could NOT be superseded by a missing runway at Iwo Jima. (Another Zendesk report from over a year ago.)

I agree that major bugs need to have an age factor built into their priority but no way airport repairs should ever rise above the usability issues. Airport has an issue? Stop flying there. Pretty sure there is an alternate.

1 Like

Read the FAQ. “Solved” simply means added to the queue. A shortfall in the Zendesk tagging.

1 Like

Maybe for you it was 60,000. For me it was 30,000 last night.

It’s definitely a glitch. As I’ve had it happen randomly at a couple different places I’ve flown around.

Well that’s disappointing …

I was under the impression that there were different staff members for different aspects of the sim. If that’s true, then there should be one group working on core code to prevent CTD issues, while another team works on scenery. If that’s the case, then it would be perfectly normal to find fixes issued for runway/ramp problems before the cause of a CTD is found and fixed - as long as they’re transparent about what’s happening behind the scenes. But none of that seems to be happening lately. I guess all of the scenery people are busy making more “hand-crafted” airports for the next World Update…

She’s a pretty small team, my friend. If there is a dedicated ‘team’ working on getting all the airports fixed that would translate into thousands of man hours. Just looking at the number that are missing, there must be a couple year’s work there. Now go through and fix all the bumps and misplaced taxi lights. When you are done there, let’s get you started on proper naming of the taxiways and parking spots. Don’t forget you will need to also do exclusion zones on the approaches. That will likely mean moving some wind towers and transmission towers to the correct geolocations. I would guess we are going to be pretty deep into the 10 year support plan before we get half way through that list.

With no holidays and a 40 hour work week a single coder can only contribute 2080 hours per year. I would hazard somewhere near 100 hours to do one small airport. I remember doing airports for FSX. It took me close to 500 hours to faithfully recreate my local airport. I am not an expert, nor did I do it for a living, but…

How many would need to be in that team to get all the airports fixed in 2000 hours or less?

There are different staff. The Zendesk system supports groups of readers/staffs, and categories, with people responsible for these categories. It is like a mail box. The mail is put, by Zendesk, to people whom it concerns. They subscribed to it. Suppose there’s a group of people responsible for southern Germany and someone reports scenery errors or stutters, near Munich Airport. Some Zendesk readers - from Germany - will have a flag on that region. Put the coords, you’ll be served.

It is slow, because there’s just a gap between pending complaints and a “to-do” list for the team. The gap seems to be some kind of waiting list. They have 1000s of complaints in there. What happens is the team picks things up from the Zendesk list and puts them under investigation, or on a complaints are delegated to certain partners.

When you put a complaint that is inaccurate (“clouds are bad”, “washed out scenery”) it will be ignored. When you put a complaint like “clouds are pixelated”, without screenshot examples, it will be ignored. Say you put something like “borders of clouds too sharp” that becomes more interesting… then it is more focussed and it will get more attention. Same with scenery complaints. Always put coords, exact location… screenshot… or it will be skipped. A complaint that sais “I found spikes in Ecuador near XYZ airport” will not be investigated. Where are these spikes ? near the airport ? visible from the airport ? Without a screenshot with the airport in view, they’d have to locate exactly. Cost more time, so it will be skipped… They handled my Adolphe Bridge complaint relatively quickly (4 months), because a POI was involved (Adolphe Bridge). It was known exactly where the issue was.

1 Like

Only 1 out of all the bugs I raised has been fixed (xbox rudders dont work) so ive stopped bothering. All the others were ignored. Not even an acknowledgement or a thank you for finding the bugs.

I get it that Asobo are going after up voted and wish list but surely AI Go arounds (bust in FSX for 30) years deserves some attention because its fundamentally broken? Oh it only got 439 votes and Open up Weather API got 500. I dont care, we dont need a Weather API we need Asobo to deliver on a working platform.

Stop paying for devs to add new features (Jorg recently boasted they have added church models! woop dee doo) and instead direct them to the 20k bugs please.

This was included in my Zendesk request. If this isn’t enough information to go by to formulate a fix, I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Perhaps the all out assault on bugs promised for SU8 will finally fix a lot of these long standing issues, many existing since release day. I think the nothing gets fixed unless its been voted on 1000 times mentality needs to stop, this clearly does not work for a lot of annoying bugs or just plain goofs that need to be addressed. Such as the Devil’s Tower problem, or a major US airport that doesn’t have misplaced taxi way lights, it has no taxi way lights, at all. STILL . Asobo needs to assign a small team whose sole function is to correct these types of small mistakes in the SIM until they are fixed, and then they can move those people to other jobs such as working on new World Updates. Just my opinion, of course.

1 Like

SU6 looks like they have put some effort forth…

The shortfall isn’t Zendesk’s status system, it is Microsoft’s choice to use inappropriate software for bug reporting.

1 Like

Think of it as an Easteregg and consider how lucky you were to have found it :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly. And for now I have stopped buying anything in the marketplace until Asobo starts fixing the core parts of the sim that are still broken more than a year since this game was released.

1 Like

Playing on XBox still have troubles… with Mesolongi:(

And I was at LGMS Mesolongi and for the 5th time NO CHECKED!?!?

Hey cool, something happened, changed! But now I am confused. You can name this airfield however u want but pls tell me how I can continue and finish bushtrip!

Zendesk now going instantly to ‘Solved’ means that additional information can’t be added to the original ticket, even if it was just submitted.

I’ve submitted a ticket where the information wasn’t communicated better, and I figured out a way to do this once I posted it. But I was unable to amend it, other than opening a new ticket. It would be helpful to be able to add more information, or add pictures etc after a ticket has been submitted already.

That’s got me thinking…I wonder if there are any?

Only one that I’m aware of - there’s a balloon floating over Asobo Studio and a smiley face painted on the concrete in their front courtyard.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.