Download speeds/server capacity is an absolute joke

The extra cost on your Electricity bill will be the same as buying the program!!

You would have thought if anyone could provide decent servers it would be MS!!!

Well as I said I’m not sure it is a server problem. For the first two updates I was getting my full internet speed on downloads. Then for the last 3 updates it’s been rubbish. I just hadn’t bothered to try and find out why.

After fiddling around with my settings lastnight it was back at the full 300MBps again during what was probably the peak load time in the UK at least.

Forced to do a complete reinstall after completing SU5 last night I then was updating the world updates in content manager. At some point this lead to a CTD and then an error that uninstalled the sim.

Now 50% through a 126.38GB download with 11h39m on the clock. Beyond awful. The horrible thing is at the end of it I’ll still probably get a load of CTDs and have to debug/reinstall a whole load of add-ons too.

What I don’t get is why we cannot chose which elements we want to download - I don’t need or want flying lessons or discovery flights.

Well, imagine terabytes of update files being sent out all hours of the past few days, I am not surprised

1 Like

Same here, same situation.
More than 24h after the update got stuck in limbo and I deleted the game and embarked on a fresh install I am not even near 50% and I am on 1gbit fibre connection.
VPN to Denmark has done wonders for download speed as I get just over 100mbit/s as opposed to 0.02mbit/s without VPN.

And once I get there I’ll have to do all the marketplace upgrades, so at present I am unlikely to be flying anytime before the weekend at all. Not helped by the fact that the installer happily does random CTDs, so there is little point in having it run overnight as I may be wasting electricity for 7 out of 8 hours if I am unlucky.

Not the finest hour for customer experience…

Not just the atrocious download speed but also the fact it keeps freezing during download. They’ve really got to get this sorted for the next update.

Some sort of acknowledgement from Asobo wouldn’t go amiss.

Been trying since 4.00pm UK time yesterday, appalling speeds. Tried reinstall after a frustrating six hours on line today with download speeds of 0.1Mb/s. Using disks to re install, which promptly crashed on disk 7. Went to Store and downloaded from there and update going slightly quicker almost 9% but I will leave on overnight and see what tomorrow brings. Not hopeful

Asobo - “Let’s make this a mandatory update I mean what could go wrong ?”

Bad words in brain want to be typed…

This happened to me last night. I rebooted my router and it resumed with a fast download after I restarted the PC. I did need to repair the app in order for it to start correctly after restarting.

After the patch was complete I had to let it download all the marketplace updates overnight. It was fast enough but there was so much I could not stay up and wait.

Like me, a crock of s**t miserable DL speeds been trying since 10am…11 hours later 49% downloaded!!! and I have Virgin fibre with 360Mb download capacity

I want yo turn off my PC and save energy and save the Planet but alas my carbon footprint just gets bigger because Asobo/MS have such poor servers and I have to keep it running to enjoy the sim I have paid a lot of money for

If I hadn’t it would have taken maybe another 5-6 on top of that. I was getting 7Mbps most of the time, occasionally dropping to <1Mbps. The VPN boosted that by 5 times.

I want to turn off my computer but dont want to go through another 12 hrs of downloading

Totally agree. They should seriously sort out the patch and updates issues. Especially considering how much we all paid for the game !!!

Same here,my internet for my pc is cable with speeds 780mbs and so far in 2 hours I manage to download 20 GB!
What a joke.

Thats how it ended up for me as well. After 13 hours of downloading the update I started the marketplace update and went to sleep. It had finished when I got up. This is with a fiber connection reporting a 943Mbs download speed! If this is supposed to be a showcase for the Microsoft cloud services I hope that potential customers are not watching.

someone can explain me the logic? 3 days I try to download the update without success, I am close to send this game to the trash

It wouldn’t take you 3 days even if it did stay at 2.5Mbps. My guess is you keep restarting it. A download calculator indicates about 40 hours. Ridiculous, but not 72 hours.

For me it took around 6 hours 55 minutes. The first hour was without a VPN, the remainder with. I was getting around 8Mbps without, and this occasionally spiked to around 200Mbps with the VPN connected.

I’ve had download speed issues on all previous updates but this one was by far the worst.

I guarantee you though that anyone buying the flight sim in a few weeks time won’t have these issues as most people will have finished updating by then, or given up trying. Then we’ll start the whole sorry process all over again for the next world update at the end of August.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.