Download speeds/server capacity is an absolute joke

Yes that’s exactly what I did and it picked up speed immediately but took a bit longer to get up to full speed

OK thanks will give it a try… me to in UK on Virgin fibre

Yes I’m on Virgin cable, 300MBps and I was getting that on my downloads yesterday after resetting with that command. So I don’t think it’s the servers that can’t cope ,just some messed up network settings.

Same here. For long periods I’ve been under 1 Mbit/s then it shoots up to about 30 to 40 Mbit/s before plunging again. My cap is 70 and it’s rarely hit that.

Have you tried the command prompt ting I posted?

This is my first attempt in MSFS 2020…after 5 years on X-Plane 11 and CTDs you could count on one hand! even with over 800 hours on Vatsim and having a full size 737 cockpit with 8 monitors on 2 PCs. Went over to MSFS for the eye candy but if it always goes to CTD then it is useless. As they say in X-Plane 11, “This is an engineering tool and not a game” but it seems that the integration of X box, MSFS2020 is more gamey…think I have wasted my money here

yes a slight improvement

I tried the command and so far nothing got better. Less than 1 GB to go now.

Oh well maybe I was just lucky but it was a tenfold improvement for me.
Up from about 30 to 300 MBps which is what I used to get originally. I remember installing the sim on day 1 back in last August and it only took about 2.5 hours for well over 100GB

Then delete it

Been downloading at about 2Mbps for over 24 hours got to about 40% done. Turned my pc off this morning for a while because it was heating up my office and it’s going to be a 100f day here today.

It don’t CTD I have 800 hours in msfs and had 2 CTD both of which my fault

I wonder if these options have any bearing on the download speeds as well

I’m not sure if VPN matters or not. Took me about the same time as you to download updates and I don’t use VPN. Some people might have success using one not saying you guys aren’t. I just don’t really think theres too much rhyme or reason to why simmers experience varies so much. I honestly think it is all just random bad luck but who knows.

Done that earlier, no difference…on X-plane 11, 120g of ORBX scenery done in no time, The same with Ortho4xp 10 Gb in less than 30 minutes

You can’t do 10gb or ortho in 30 minutes the download speed varies yes but the unpacking of the files is the same speed regardless

‘The Microsoft Flight Simulator servers are
experiencing increased load from the Xbox
version launch. Please be patient with your
downloads and allow for extra time for content to
load as server load is balanced. Thank you. Please
use #community-support on discord for queries.’

As said by the discord bot

Download going slowly here in UK as I write. A quick glance at the monitor confirms that nothing much has changed in the last hour and a rate of .005MB/Sec seems about the average, although occasionally, it will jump to 35M/Sec before going back to the lower value. Should be complete by Christmas. Maybe even this Christmas. Still smiling though.

Just as an aside though, can I pause it and shut down until tomorrow? The better half doesn’t li,e the idea of the PC running overnight.

I meant 1.0 which equates to 2Gb per hour. I have been installing MSFS 2020 since 10 am it is now 21 pm and I have only DL 45%

1 Like

took about 3 hours the whole process, not too bad.