Downloaded update from MS store, opened the game, started update, game crashed, and now it says it's impossible to open the game

In the MSStore at the bottom left of the store page is your library icon, Click that.
In there at the top is Updates.
Click that.
Hope this helps!

(I can actually read a fair bit of French, terrible at speaking it though)

272483043_324379182948585_4436992755979178843_n

Update has been done and when I click on ā€œget updateā€, nothing appears. Iā€™ll just give up and reinstall everything I think. I canā€™t really complain since itā€™s the first time I have a game breaking update, all the others were minors problems. I just hope I donā€™t waste my time downloading it and having the same issue.

And French is really a difficult langage to learn, especially to speak. Thanks for your time man, I appreciate it!

Once you have all the updates, go to the Marketplace in the sim.
It should install from there.
If you canā€™t get into the sim, try this.
On your PC, sign out of the Xbox App, close it.
Sign out of the MSSTore, close it.
Reboot PC.
Sign in MSStore, Sign in XBox App.
Retry sim.

Already did this 2 times and didnā€™t work :confused: itā€™s just a loop hole.

Sorry, Iā€™ve got so many folks on the go I didnā€™t realize I had already posted that!
At the bottom of the second of the two checklists I posted is a link to a third.
Did you go through the steps in that?
(Iā€™m sure you must be quite frustrated by now)

I didnā€™t tried the third list, I just gave up and Iā€™m installing it from scratch right now.

And I am not that frustraded since itā€™s the first time I encounter such a game breaking problem, I guess it was just my turn! But these updates are always welcome, but ā– ā– ā– ā–  they are always problems with those.

1 Like

Let us know how you make out.
I have seen a few more weird issues get sorted out today, so some of those fixes they used may help.

Best of luck!

Make sure gaming services are running in APPS &Features if not reinstall. I had similar issue and had to reinstall xbox app and Gaming Services then did a REPAIR on MicrosoftFlightSim via apps&features {do not reset} then I turned off Firewall because of stalled install. Then finally rebooted system and restarted FS from Xbox app and it kicked off. Now Iā€™m dealing with system rebooting during install not sure if this is related to FS or Iā€™m having hardware issue with powersupply etc.

Good luck.

Both of these failed, and I have a more than capable computer to run flight sim. I truly donā€™t have a clue on why this happened.

Anyway, a fresh intall always fix everything, thank you all for your support! Iā€™ll keep you updated on my situation once the installation is done.

Well it did it again. While downloading the game from a fresh install, it suddenly closed for no reason, then did the exact same messages as previously shown.

1 Like

This is a wild stab.
What are you using for controllers in the sim?
Also, if you have a fast internet connection, could it be too fast?
I have seen that cause issues.
On the other hand, I have seen issues where the use of a VPN (free) helped those with slower internet speeds.

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

I donā€™t think that would cause an issue, generally its with more complex setups.

Another thought, take your complete folder structure and remove it to a different location (say my documents for instance - just for safe keeping) and then starting a fresh install.

Itā€™s funny because I tried to repair every xbox app, log out of both Xbox app and MS store, and rebooted my PC.

Now, despite having a part of the game installed in my E drive, it doesnā€™t detect it and I only have the option to install it. I previously installed the base files and opened the game to install the rest of the files.
Iā€™ll manually remove the files and try to reinstall it again.

Edit : It somehow made things worse, now nothing wants to install, even my Forza Horizon 5 update. I get error code 0x80070424.

1 Like

Should I delete and reinstall the xbox app?

It wonā€™t hurt to do that, log out first.

Just saw that somehow, Forza Horizon 5 got also deleted :))))

1 Like

All right, nothing is working and I canā€™t download it. Hereā€™s what I have :

Ok, so what are the error details?