Downloaded update from MS store, opened the game, started update, game crashed, and now it says it's impossible to open the game

Error code is : 0x80070424

I checked and it’s something about a windows update problem, but all updates are good and ran basic check in my system. And all games from Steam are working, only those from Xbox app are not working

You are correct.
There is a problem with your Windows.
These are the MS suggested steps to fix it:

Error code 0x80070424 denotes The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

You could try the following steps:
Download w10-wuauserv.zip, unzip and extract the contents to a folder

Run the file w10-wuauserv.reg and click Yes when asked for confirmation.
The registry file restores the Windows Update service registry key (wuauserv) located in the following registry branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv

After running the REG file, restart Windows.
When you open the Services console (services.msc) after restarting Windows, the Windows Update service should be listed and status shown as running.

If that doesn’t work, I suggest you download the latest version through Media creation tool or ISO file.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This will save your files and apps while bringing you up to the latest version by the most stable method. It will also bring all of your Updates current and solve most problems since it reinstalls Windows.

Hope above information can help you.

I did your REG thing and it changed nothing. But I ran check and there is nothing wrong with my windows, I have 0 errors exept the one on the Xbox app

I have the identical issue related by @FourCross2 - Every single problem he or she is facing I am also facing. I never had an update problem before and now I can’t even reinstall.

What I gave you is the response from MS on that error code.
I’ll keep looking, but I am running out of ideas!

Ok, well here’s one using that code just for Xbox issues

1. Press windows key > Type “Windows Powershell” > Press “Ctrl + Shift + Enter” = It opens Powershell with admin rights.

2. Copy and paste the following command in your Powershell terminal (Some errors might be shown during execution, that’s normal):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

1. Restart windows

2. Try to install your games again.

Can I do this without the Xbox app? I uninstalled it. And I’m runing out of ideas too man haha.

1 Like

Yes you should be able to do that , but you’re going to have to reinstall it at some time.
All MS games run through it.

I’ll try that after my class or tomorrow, thanks again!

Hello Fourcross2 and Vanfipe, I follow your exchanges, I have exactly the same problem as you. I bought MSFS2020 on DVD, I had no problem updating until the penultimate one. I had to completely reinstall MSFS last time, I would like to avoid that this time. This problem could be related to non-compliant access rights but I don’t see how to fix it.

Hi I have the same problem. My windows10 is fully updated. The library just as well. Could download the abt 1.5 GiB of the new msfs 1.22 but once completed I had a CTD. After having re opened I got exactly the same as FourCross2 (Exactement la même chose que vous FourCross2. Suis français pour la petite histoire).
I did everything already mentioned above in various threads but nothing is working. I really think that all this is an issue with the Store and/or most likely related to the Xbox.
Just like FourCross2 I had a few similar problems in the past but could easily manage with a full re install of the sim.

This time I’m hesitationg to proceed since I understand that it might lead to the impossibility to even reload it. I’m getting short of solution as well.

Fyg what I get when trying to open the Store via the program menu :

Which error I don’t know and cannot find out so far.

You have MSFS highlighted, not the Microsoft Store below that.
The update is in the Microsoft Store.

I saw this on YouTube Video

I did this before attempting to start updating my Sim to 7. The installation process worked without problems and the Sim launches normally. I haven’t flown yet so I can’t say if there are any noticeable problems after the Update and I’m not sure if it was really necessary to take the solution from the video. This might help others having a problem though.

1 Like

Yes you’re right . Actually I have done the update after having updated my windows as well as my library. Once the download was completed the sim started to open, and I could get the new view showing an Aussie landscape. Then during the attempt of loading I had a ctd and eventually this warning saying that I had to check at the store.

Going to open the Store I’ve noticed this MSFS itself showing an error. That’s what I’m showing in fact without knowing where it leads to.
Of course I’ve opened the store itself but could not get anything working anyway.

Ok, I’ve got it now!
This is the Zendesk checklist for CTD issues.
It is a good place to start troubleshooting.
It is available from the “Support” tab at the top of each forumpage.
There is a lot more stuff there if you continue to have issues.
Let us know how you make out!

I just did it but no result. Still the same problem. However it says that you have to say YES when being asked for the user account but I never got this prompt so I don’t know if the proceed was completed actually.

Same problem here.
Just opened MSFS And notice the navdata update.
I did a unninstall of navigraph airac vía navigraph center and proceed with the small FS update.
First attempt to open the game after the update CTD before main menú.
I tried a second time and all was good.
Close MSFS and reinstall Navigraph airac vía Navigraph center.
Start a flight with A32NX and when tried to open the flight plan on MCDU CTD again.
I suspect was navigraph airac data incompatiblity with the new patch and just close the sim and uninstall navigraph airac again.
Now I’m testing one flight with A32NX LPPT -LEBL .
For now I’m on cruise and I had no more CTD’S

Hey that video worked for debugging the download error on the xbox app! I also uninstalled the xbox app before doing the fix. Let’s hope it doesn’t CTD when installing the game.

Went to the Zendesk checklist and did it all. Stillno result but not really amazed since most of the time Zendesk is giving pre recorded answers which barely fit with the actual problems. Did not have much problems but all the time the solutions came out of the forums.

1 Like