Drawdistance problem on Utra settings!

Why is the drawdistance so bad when on ultra settings??

Well, have you tried increasing your Terrain Level of detail slider to max?

yes all on max

In your video it’s just sitting at 100. I didn’t see the part where you slide it to 200.

Terrain LOD goes up to 400 now. In earlier versions of the sim it only went to 200. It’s a real performance killer though, because it affects way more than just terrain. There should also be trees on those hills in the far distance.

No the terrain lod is on 200 of 400 that is default ultra settings.

Ultra doesn’t put the Terrain LOD on max. That’s partly why you have a draw distance problem on Ultra settings. Ultra doesn’t put the terrain LOD on max because it’s such a performance killer. You would need one step above Ultra which could be named Insane or Psycho.

1 Like

I tried both 200 and 400. The same problem with drawdistance.

Terrain LOD doesn’t affect all object LOD draw distance. That’s why I used the word “partly”.

This is the way the game is coded. Even with all LOD maxed out, there are still instances when I can see close-up terrain/objects popping and morphing. There have been several discussions about this in the forums.

Yes i believe its hardcodec in the sim. All this happened with simupdate 5 (xbox) . Its a shame. My self i have a 10900k cpu and a 3090 gpu that i cant take full advantage of because of hardcoded xbox optimisations.

3 Likes

There is a thread about AA/shader quality decreasing since SU5 as well. I also have this bad shimmering issue that wasn’t there in earlier versions of the sim.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-shimmering-aa-downgrade-since-su5-in-game-not-menus-overlays/433004

1 Like

I would definitely vote for these preset names… :rofl:

2 Likes

I have a similar issue. Blurry textures at LOD 400:

This started happening this week for no apparent reason. Any idea on how to fix this?

Textures has nothing to do with LOD. Check your Texture settings like Texture Resolution, Supersampling, and Anistropic Filtering instead. Camera mode can also affect the texture detail being loaded.

I have captured some texture quality differences between different terrain LOD levels (in other topics). Lower LOD does appear to use blurrier textures. However this does not explain the above case with 400 LOD.

FlightSimulator_2022_02_19_18_39_49_189
FlightSimulator_2022_02_19_18_41_29_422
FlightSimulator_2022_02_19_23_53_28_573
FlightSimulator_2022_02_19_23_54_11_723
FlightSimulator_2022_02_23_01_30_10_882
FlightSimulator_2022_02_23_01_31_03_688

I have most settings maxed out. Am I missing something?

With the settings above, here’s how my ground textures look at a distance (see the road ahead):

Something is definitely not right

Is that an airport on the left, with 3d car models? Or is it a photogrammetry area? If you tell me some coordinates I could check how it looks on my end and let you know.

I have awful photogrammetry and 3D object draw distances even with all sliders at max no matter where I go. Some large buildings populate at about 5km but for the most part the 3d objects only spawn in 2Km from the airplane… something is really wrong.

That could be a network streaming issue or a cache issue.