Dreadful performance

There’s tons of people on Reddit complaining about performance in the MicrosoftFlightSim sub - I wonder what specs they have. There may be something to this.

1 Like

Running it on a i7-4770K and 1070Ti , 32GB Ram and it performs good.

Yeah, performance dropped for me as well, comparing with the alpha/beta releases, but do have in mind that we have sharp textures now, everything looks great from above and we have so many users using ms servers. I think they need to add way more servers to handle the load, at least in the beginning

1 Like

See… and then when get an i7 without issues.
Absolutely baffled

3 Likes

I did not have stutters during the Alpha/Beta but now they are terrible.

8 Likes

Its not i7 thats an issue, seems to be 7 series chips like i5 7600k or i7 7700k. I7/i5 6, 8 and 9 seem to not be having these issues

1 Like

Try disabling texture streaming?

links arent allowed on this forum but check my youtube vid of what my stutter problem looks like - /watch?v=QNfiFUa75xM

Has everyone reported the issue on zendesk?

i have, along with system files

1 Like

i thought they shut-down ZENDESK? and we have to run the production version now correct? i went ahead and deleted my alpha/beta folder and am now getting the PR downloaded

I have reported it also. Hopefully a patch will be released soon

1 Like

You can still report issues with the retail build through zendesk

1 Like

I am in the process of a reinstall, don’t holdout much hope but you know what they say sometimes reinstalling fixes things

Let us know how it goes. May try that myself

i read it worked for one guy but he may have had a different problem

My Specs i7700, 1060ti, 32 GB DDR4, even on lowest settings it doesn t run smooth.
Very dissapointing !!!

I believe that this is an issue with loading scenery. When setting at the departure airport for a while the performance is good. But attempting to fly is horrific with stuttering and pauses. I ended up just exiting out of my first flight because it is unusable. We experienced none of this before release - but then the density of people accessing the servers was much less…

1 Like

I’m running an i7-6700K, 1070ti, 16 Gb RAM…and I’m fine running HIGH END. ULTRA is fine outside cities, in London it’s gets a bit slow but just enough to make me want to switch back to HIGH END rather than becoming a slide show.

Someone earlier in the thread said it seems it’s 7 series CPUs effected…I’d say that’s a pretty good assumption considering my older, 6 series CPU performs fine.

3 Likes

My performance is horrible, and I was an alpha/beta tester from Day One. I always ran the sim in 4K and got a steady 30FPS even at JFK and flying low over downtown NYC. Now, my sim is a slide show. I’m lucky if I get 10FPS under the identical settings I’ve been using for the last year. This is ridiculous. I would be more than delighted if I could just get back Alpha #3 from about six or seven months ago with the watermarks removed. The sim, at that time, performed wonderfully and, believe it or not, even the autopilots worked. What, in Heaven’s name, did they do to the final release? I even tried going to offline mode – assuming their servers are overloaded – and that did nothing to improve FPS. I have a high-end rig with 32gigs and 130mb internet. If I fly the Cessna 172 in a low-population area, the sim performs acceptably. A jet in a heavily-trafficked airport, forget it! And don’t tell me I don’t have good hardware or don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve purchased every flight sim release since 1986. My hardware ran all the alpha and beta releases beautifully in 4K. I was one of the most vocal defenders of the sim on forums where criticism was voiced by those emotionally attached to other sims. Now, I’m in despair.

36 Likes