Dreadful performance

1080 and i7 7700k here, same issues…

The simulator needs to be optimized better, 9900K and 2080 here and I’m getting 30-40FPS in the cessna’s. anything bigger i start stuttering really bad

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have that issue. I run smooth at 4k mostly ultra but fine tuned tree ect to high instead to maintain higher frames, and antialaising to FXAA but am on a RTZ 2080 super. it runs full ultra fine.

THE 1080ti is well within specs for most high settings, other then id drop the antialaising type (not all that different) and maybe non important details like trees ect maybe to medium or low (once again at flying high its not noticeable.)

Seems you are saying its stuttering on turns and camera changes? Perhaps a Vsync issue or something else is bottle necking it? if your graphics are tuned down this should not be the case on a TI. My cousin has a Zotec 1080ti and is not having that issue. He runs high except a couple minor things and turned down bloom (bloom can be nice and it also can be an eye strain).

Did you update the drivers last night for Geforce cards aimed at Flight Sim?

is the card on max performance in the nvidia settings?

Are you running dual or triple display (will hinder performance and vsync).

IS any cool cpu settings off - that throttle CPU including n the Bios? Is Windows set to Max power settings?

have you tried flying without streaming of land on and just local to see if it is a load buffer issue from the internet?

is frame rate matched to Vsyc? Try Turning off Vsync to see if it may be causing an issue. or try locking frames in game to 30 fps or off.

Make sure you are not using geforce Experience settings. They are way off. A no no.

I really hope people can help and you can figuare it out. Start with video driver latest clean install. Hope you get flying happily soon.

4 Likes

I wish I could roll back to beta version…
Because the frame rate was a lot better! Like No comparison. I had no complains even on low alt over cities, now it’s horrible 10000 feet over deserts…

4 Likes

im on a 2080 super and on ultra 4k stay about 54-56 n heavy city with traffic.

I upgraded drivers for flight sim last night. But I did turn trees and stuff to high and Antialaising to FXAA and it makes it more steady. Can’t really see a difference in tree detail while flying either.

Vync is locked to 60 but off frames actually maintained better.

1 Like

Im on the updated drivers, on dev mode it says im being limited by main thread. do you know what that means by chance? im gonna need to play with settings later tonight

Maybe they will add to it Nvidia GForce Now until they will release xCloud on PC - after it - we could forget about performance issues :pleading_face:

using the settings I had during the alpha makes it unplayable.
I have massive framedrops. Just at the first training mission the framerate is between 44 - 8 fps, some seconds frozen.
The dataconsumption is only about 1-1.5 Mbit/s and I habe a 100 Mbit/s connection, so it can‘t be because my Internetconnection.
The alpha was so smooth and I really enjoyed it, but now its the complete opposite.
It seems the servers can‘t handle the amount of players.

4 Likes

i have posted a poll ref who’s having problems with i7 CPU’s.

Reddit - r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/ic9zy9/i7_cpu_causing_issues_poll/

1 Like

It’s not i7, it’s series 7 CPUs.

2 Likes

i see everyone with i7’s having the problem?

Invested in a new machine for this simulator, and unfortunately, I’m just not able to achieve higher than 30 FPS. I get around 12 FPS at KORD with the 78X

Specc:
Ryzen 2950X
RTX 2080 Ti
32gb DDR4
Sim on 1TB NVMe

5 Likes

Not just i7 cpus, its 7th generation cpus. i3 7300, i5 7600, & i7 7700 are all 7th gen Kaby Lake chips.

1 Like

Having the same issue here with an i5 8600k @ 4.5ghz. Updated drivers, graphics settings don’t make a difference. GPU@~10%. CPU@80%.

Straight up slide show.

3 Likes

Same here. During the alpha/beta, my rig ran the sim fabulously at 4K. Now, the sim is unusable, a real slide show. Something, somewhere, changed in a dramatic way. And I too am using identical settings and identical hardware as before, when everything worked beautifully. What happened???

1 Like

Starting to think its an issue with server load. Maybe the poor fps is due to scenery struggling to load? Just a thought

1 Like

Also having major issues, i5 7500, around 60% CPU usage on Welcome Menu which seems very high

If it was that surely everyone would see the same and that’s clearly not the case. I’m getting same performance as in beta. Real mystery what’s affecting so many people.

1 Like

thats true…

I wish that I were getting performance that even remotely approached what I was getting in beta. I was especially careful to take screen shots of my graphics setting to ensure I entered the identical settings with the release version. I was pleased with the performance I was getting and wanted to duplicate that performance in the release version.