Dreadful performance

I totally agree, I’ve been trying to talk about it, but just not, some people (users of the product also fit) do not understand that if an agent buys a product and expects it to be working perfectly, but as it is a software, we already expect 80-90% of it to be in trouble (BUGS), but that soon the product developers (MANUFACTURERS), solve or at least dedicate themselves to the maximum to solve these problems, but it is not what I have been perceiving, unfortunately in this case…
seem to be much more concerned with WORLD updates than with problems that have remained since the launch of the sim.
unfortunate that.

1 Like

Interesting update 1.13.16.0

Hello,
Here is a small experiment…
I just changed my configuration from an I7 4790k OC to 4.8Ghz and 32go ram and an RTX 3070 to a Ryzen 3700x, 32go and my RTX 3070.
I was between 50 and 60 fps with the graphic parameters I had set (not all in ultra and 1440 p) with the I74790 and there with the Ryzen I’m barely 30 fps with the same graphic parameter.

Alas I could not test before the death update.
I hope that this low performance is due to the update. Otherwise I should have kept my 4790k…
bye

Hi qikc2791,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

You know what’s interesting is that I get low frame rates momentarily then it’s all good, about 5 minutes later I get the same! Not sure if it’s computer related or data related! I have a good 300mbps/300mbps connection. This situation is fairly recent and after the new update!!!

I just checked a versus website (UserBenchmark: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X vs Intel Core i7-4790K) and it seems the result you see is expected, mainly due to the good OC you had with the I7…
At stock clock the single thread performance of the Ryzen is only few points above the I7 (137 vs 122), so the I7 OC should had fill this gap easily.
Now I guess you can OC also the Ryzen? No offense just asking, I don’t do AMD but it seems you can OC it more than the I7 (+10%).

Well, these are only small differences… The real difference happens when Asobo / Microsoft
improves the graphics engine… As they did with the last update (see my post above).
Although, still FAR AWAY from what it should be, but it is a small step in the right direction…

1 Like

Sadly, following installation of the Premium de Luxe version (download version purchased from Argos so I can’t get a refund), this has become an absolute nightmare . I have a Dell All in One Intel ® Core i5-10210U CPUw with 16 RAM, so the graphics card is integrated and can’t be upgraded. My internet speed is around 21 Mbps. I had FSX and thought 2020 would be as simple. Loading each time takes an age , my joystick (thrustmaster) is not recognised, every single click of my mouse takes ages to respond, it gets stuck on various pictures of aircraft with text telling me how I can fly the world, and when I did manage to get into a training exercise, it just stuttered and was uncontrollable. There seems to be no simple getting started instructions etc etc etc. I’ve been wanting this game for so long, and finally could afford it, but am finding it impossible. Help!!!

Sorry to hear your woes, sadly I think your machine doesn’t meet minimum requirements.

If budget doesn’t stretch to a brand new machine then maybe a used medium spec device from someone else who has managed to squeeze a replacement could be a possibility.

and unfortunately not meet the minimum requirements

PS.: I read somewhere in forum that user have this running ( integr. gpu ), but with a very low resolution. Thus you can try a render-resolution-setting of e.g. 50…

Many thanks for your replies. Much appreciated. Can you recommend a PC in the £300-£500 range that would do the job without any problems.? Thanks

I fear it’s not possible for a new pc in this price-range ( it depends of course also at your country ). You can check possible the second hand market.
But we come out of topic. About that you can check the #self-service category or ask for hints in it.

Have you tried to lower the in-game settings ? e.g. mentioned render-resolution ? Does it works ?

Thanks again Micha. Sorry to be stupid but how do I do what you suggest with the render resolutions.?

you have to

• open the in-game “Options” menu,
  • then choose “General”,
  • then choose “Graphics”

within you should:

• select the “Low” Profile ( is below the HDR10 setting )
  • move the Render-scaling slider to 50 ( is below the FPS setting )

Save Settings and try.

If it works you can step by step increase the values. You should then at first stay at the low-profile and increase slowly the render scaling.

anyone noticed since UK update that game now even lags in world map view sometimes? It’s even worst now in flight when approaching cities too. Still not as smooth as it was back in September.
my specs
AMD Ryzen 5600x
RTX 2080ti
32GB RAM
Win 10 Home
1TB NVME
1920x1080

2 Likes

That’s strange… For me after the last update MSFS runs quite a bit better.
Locking the FPS to 30 does what it is supposed to do, LOCK THE FPS, and gives a more fluid flight
than before. It seems that Asobo is hearing our comments!
Still FAR AWAY from what it should be, but at least playable now, even with some settings in ultra, that is If you don’t use the 747 or the 787…

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370
CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz
Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB (MSFS)
Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004
CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

yeah FPS lock is more for the GPU, in any case it does not help me. my GPU is almost idle during stutters at 30-45%. My CPU is 15% total load but thread one is 80% and the other 11 threads are mostly below 30% or idle.

I feel like for this sim to have any potential in the future, they really need to figure out a way to stop the sim being limited by one main thread. Hopefully DX12 will make a huge impact here, I have an Ryzen 3900X which isn’t exactly a slouch when it comes to even single core performance, but its limited to 30-35fps in the airliners due to main thread issues, which is a shame!

3 Likes

Try turning some CPU bound stuff down like the cockpit refresh rate. This sim is heavily cpu bound.A cpu with higher IPC would give you better performance. The 5950x is like 5-10fps ahead of the 3900x which is probably not worth upgrading to.
I am running a lackluster i5 8400 so I am heavily cpu bound even @3440x1440 its so stuttery with airliners!

For those defending the smoothness performance, please, check this review in Guru3d. It shows how Asobo has to improve a lot the coding and the api to dx12 to have better performance.

We hope that with the xbox in mind and dx12 they will improve the pc and vr performance. The simulator is very promising but it lacks performance.

3 Likes