Drone not able to enter buildings

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

When flying the drone, you can not enter buildings. I’m a journalist and use this function to take screen shots. But since the latest update I can’t.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just fly into a building

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7 32GB RAM, 1080Ti graphics

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Personal Comments

Not all buildings or even floors/objects can be entered. Case in point is latest handbuilt Faro airport (Portugal) in World Update 8.

The Control Tower interior is fully modeled and you can enter it and see it, but you cannot drop down to “eye-level” as if you were a Tower worker and be at a perspective as if you’re looking out the windows. You’ll always be slightly elevated as if you’re on a step-stool / ladder.

But the Terminal Buildings in the same airport are only modeled for outside view. You can “look” into the Windows overlooking the gates and see some details like seating near windows etc. but the model prevents you from entering.

This is on a per-model basis and is the creator’s discretion or intent to allow/disallow it.

I beg to differ, I’ve just finished a review of Faro from version 8 and I have plenty of internaal shots.
But as you say it seems to be random, since adding the bug, i’ve checked with other airports, some allow some don’t. But prior to this latest update (today). there were none that had resticted access.
It seems to me they’ve changed somethio=ng about the detection system.

If you have SU8 vs SU9 (such as internal terminal shots at Faro), that would probably be very convincing to get this report triaged.

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Es tritt an verschiedenen Flughäfen auf. Aber erst seit gestern (SU9)

Mod Edit: Translated from de by Microsoft
I have the same problem. It occurs at various airports. But only since yesterday (SU9)

@Kapazunder33 Thanks for contributing to this defect report!

As a reminder:

According to the Code of Conduct, we kindly ask that you use English when posting on the forums. The two exceptions are the Find a Friend and Clubs & Groups categories, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

This was taken yesterday of Faro, it could not be taken today.

1 Like

same issue, drone quickly goes to the rooftops and can’t fly into buildings

since the last update can’t fly into buildings with the drone camera

Just tried to fly the drone into several airport buildings with the drone, no problem. Could you say which you are using since the world map references 4 under Faro search. I flew through LPFR and had no problem but did not see the scene you showed so I assume you have a MOD.

LPFR is correct, I don’t have any MODs for this area. Have you completed the latest update to 1.25.7.0? including the updated files found in the Content Manager?

Yes fully updated everything.

Then you should see the same as my image in the Faro terminal. If you look at the image you will recognise the sand coloured pillars on the airside walls of the terminal. If you don’t have either you’re at the wrong airport.

I am there now and it is the same airport but different buildings. The parts of the runway I can see are identical but yours looks hand made. There must be a mod I have not got.

Faro is one of the 4 hand built airports that came with the VIII update, I would say your’s has not installed correctly.
In fact I have done some more testing and this problem does not happen at all airports, in others it only happens with certain buildings. So I can only surmise that they have changed something that makes the drone behave more like an aircraft when contacting a building. It must be something to do with collision detection. Although the sporadic nature of it is puzzling.

It’s 3am here in the UK so time for bed… no more posts tonight!!

Yes I think so, I have the full deluxe package and I have looked through all 347 installed by MS and don’t see that airport anywhere, but I want it :smiley:

You have to “buy” (it’s free) the Iberia world update from the Marketplace. I have reproduced this at handcrafted NZQN, as well.

Sort of. It is not 100% reproducible at all locations and buildings.

• I was able to reproduce the issue at:
    • Handcrafted airport LPFR (from the Iberia world update; same as the OP; I could not go through the glass terminal but I could go through the autogen procedural buildings outside of the airport)
    • Handcrafted airport VNLK (you cannot fly into the terminal to the left of runway 24, but you can fly into the tower to the right of runway 24, though if you try to descend through the tower, you may stop)
    • Handcrafted airport NZQN (I could not enter some buildings near the tower, but I could enter some other buildings on the airport premises)
  • This did not happen at:
    • Default airport KPHX
    • Default airport VAPO
    • Marketplace airport Drzewiecki Designs’ KDCA (which has glass buildings you can fly into)
    • Marketplace airport SimulaciĂłn Extrema’s SCIP (which is not designed to be flown into)

What happens when you try to go into the terminal at LPFR:

Inside KDCA terminal (it’s obviously designed to go into and you can go into it)

Inside SCIP terminal (It’s not designed to go into, but you can still go into it)

3 Likes

i have same issue with latest update.and i dont like it.we must explore into buildings with drone mode.maybe sometimes watching around at
Hotels balkony

So anybody had checked something else or knows if this bug will be fixed in the next update?

Don’t foget to vote if you have noticed this issue. The more votes we get the more chance they’ll fix it.