Drzewiecki Design Announces Washington Landmarks for MSFS

I buy from Simmarket and he sends an email when an update appears

2 Likes

nobodyā€™s saying there were. what there was, however, were the major landmarks (washington monument, white house, capitol building, etc)

now you need to buy addons to get those basic landmarks.

2 Likes

I suggest to setup an account in their forum an subscribe to the MFS section. So you are very close to the latest news.

Just curious - how does the total number of landmarks in the 2020 sim compare with the total number in any previous iteration?

I tried DC out before I installed Drzewiecki and it needed some landmarks. I have to say iā€™m happy with my initial findings from flying over after installation. However, what I noticed though as I was flying towards Lafayette Park surprised me. Iā€™m not referring to 16th St but that several blocks all around the renamed Plaza have been purpled out. Anyone know why? Is it temporary? I can see that the imagery is due to thatā€™s how it looks on Bings Maps.

1 Like

i dont know

but that seems like a stupid comparison to begin withā€¦

im talking about the biggest most iconic landmarks missing. not total numbers.

like if they touted 30000 custom bridges but the golden gate was just a generic road across the water you would go, ā– ā– ā– ?

Thatā€™s the information Iā€™m looking for! Thanks. This resolves my issueā€¦will be installing it this afternoon.

1 Like

From Bing Maps. Yes, that is very strange, isnā€™t it?

Probably a poor quality edit to show the new BLM text. But itā€™s still missing ā€œDefund The Policeā€.

ā€œNothing wrong with recycling old models too, but they have to fit into the MSFS world.ā€

THiS!

1 Like

Anyone tried this?

https://fselite.net/news/drzewiecki-design-releases-washington-landmarks-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Yeah I bought it. Definitely has my vote. Looks great flying over close. My $.02.

1 Like

I wish the default MSFS had a good representation of DC / London, etc
Not a fan of relying on 3rd party devs for this.
If 3rd party devs can improve the default scenery and add more details, good. But MSFS didnā€™t offer a good default DC, so, itā€™s my feeling, that you are pushed to buy DLCs to have complete cities

Yeah, it does seem like these cities were left less detailed on purpose.

Ugh. Itā€™ll do for now, but unless the models get upgraded at some point, Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for better.

Most buildings look fine from farther away, but up close theyā€™re fairly low resolution/low detail. The roofs on many are particularly horrid. This isnā€™t really a package for flying around exploring with the drone cam.

The Whitehouse, Capital building, and a few other major poi arenā€™t terrible, but other buildings are obviously of much lower quality. Since my main reason for wanting scenery like this is for flying low and seeing the sights, itā€™s kind of off putting.

This scenery is probably much more worth it for people just flying over doing commercial flights and such, but Iā€™m glad most of my cost was covered by a store credit.

I donā€™t like that we are almost pushed to buy 3rd party addons to enjoy DC and other cities, default MSFS should had come with basic landmarks, white house, capitol hill, washington monument, lincoln memorial.
I donā€™t expect 1500 landmarks, but base MSFS should had come with the basic.

3 Likes

Yep. If this leaving out landmarks that are then covered by separate payware is really the larger plan, then Iā€™m keeping my money. Iā€™m not shelling out for a bunch of cities that Iā€™ll only explore a few times. Iā€™ve never even been one to buy airports for the same reason, even though some of them are pretty awesome. Iā€™ll wait for freeware.

2 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong I love scenery packs but with this sim the scenery and landmarks should be there in eye popping detail without the need of a 3rd party expansion if you are streaming real world maps. Where I see the use for a 3rd party is something like the beloved Merrill C. Meigs KCGX that would not be there in real life. I love booting up the sim for so many years at that airport.

1 Like

Meigs Iā€™ve bought in the past, and Iā€™d buy again. Itā€™s home territory, and I still take itā€™s closing personally, lol.

3 Likes

Great looking Scenery thank you DD

1 Like