Drzewiecki Design Just Released Chicago Landmarks

Chicago, Chicago, it’s my kind of town! Available at SimMarket.

Will wait until it’s on Orbx.

2 Likes

Yeah same here. As a Midwesterner I’m stoked to see this! I’d love one for Minneapolis and Milwaukee too. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Here are a bunch of pictures. The photogrammetry for Chicago is pretty good, but this is simply stunning!

Wrigley Field.

Soldier Field.

Comiskey Park.

A better picture of Wrigley Field.

Just happened to catch some KORD traffic.

Meigs Field Freeware compatible!

Chicago city lights.

2 Likes

Yeah they do great stuff! I live here in Chicago.

Representing the good folks in Willis Tower currently, so really happy to see this released. As usual, thank you for the pictures and notification of the release. :wink:

2 Likes

Speaking of the Willis Tower…

It has some interior modelling!

3 Likes

I believe flightsim.to has some Chicago improvements as well. I wonder how these compare?

DD Chicago looks amazing. I hope they make one for New York City as well.

1 Like

Bought this and it’s worth every penny! As a Chicagoan myself I can tell you this is the real deal ! The night lighting is absolutely beautiful! Worth the purchase 100 percent! Also no hit on FPS at all very smooth .

2 Likes

Just bought it, seeing some minor FPS hits up close to the buildings, but nothing more than a maybe 2-3 stutters. For me, definitely less of an impact than FSDT KORD. Seems to be more of a RAM hog than anything else. Definitely recommend it!

1 Like

Yeah I agree fsdt Kord is super heavy on the system.

1 Like

It’s on Orbx Central now in case you missed it. Got it earlier this afternoon.

Yup! Just bought it! :wink:

One note I would like to add is that this mod seems to be causing CTD when trying to spawn in midway or Kord or as an arrival for me . Also have the FSDT Kord add on but does not seem to affect the issue. When I remove the Drzewiecki out of the community than no CTD. Will have to report this . Anybody else having this issue ?

I’m heading for KORD now. I’ll let you know if I have any issues. Will try spawning after I land as well.

Ok good luck I hope not on your end as well . Keep us posted.

I’m getting CTDs if I try to set KORD 9C as departure. Repeatable. But didn’t test with removing the Chicago scenery. Will try that.

1 Like

Yep same here after I removed it, no problems. This also seems to affect midway airport as well . Looks like some tickets may need to be generated here

1 Like

I just landed at KORD. ILS RWY 28C. That said, the weather was delta-sierra so I never saw downtown Chicago. Will do a bit of testing now that I’m down.

1 Like