Drzewiecki Design - KEWR

It seems to be available now on Orbx. I need to know if there are any static planes parked at gates or not. This is a deal breaker for me. Anyone who tried it?

From the link in the very first post:

That’s pretty much par for the course with this dev’s airports - I know from personal experience that KDCA, KMDW and KRNT all have static aircraft at some gates and some ramp locations.

Thank you! Some developers have started to use a configuration tool allowing to toggle on or off these kinds of content. Now I am hopping “Fully Compatible with GSX Pro using Cartayna Files” can address my concern. I was thinking GSX Pro

Runs great on xbox, even with DC landmarks and KIAD off in the background(which you can see both at the same time. In 4k HDR.

So for those who have bought it, how’s the performance? And for the sake of clarity, do you have any other area scenery such as SamScene NY Times, RK Bridger bridges, etc?

2 Likes

Just had a chance to check it out.

As to be expected, the modelling, attention to detail, etc… is all top notch (inside, outside, and surrounding the airport).

As for the details, here are my observations

• Static AI included
  • Static AI can be turned off
  • Static AI has animations (taxing / under tow)
  • Sounds included with interior modelling
  • Ship yard looks great

My Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (Liquid Cooled)
128GB Dual Channel XMP @ 3600Mhz
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 24Gb GDDR6X
2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
1,000W PSU

My Settings:

• TAA
  • DX12
  • 4K / 144Mhz
  • vSync Off
  • Ultra Preset
  • Trees / Grass Low
  • Motion Blue Off
  • Lends Flare Off

FPS On the Ground:

• With Static AI on 35-40FPS
  • With Static AI off 40-45 FPS

I hope that helps!

4 Likes

BTW, the FPS really depends on where you are at the airport. The idea was to optimize it so take-offs and landings would have the highest possible FPS while loading more details when getting closer to terminals.

10 Likes

Thank you for the incredible attention to detail that your team put into this airport!

2 Likes

One of the developers pushing the boundaries. I’m definitely going to get this one.

2 Likes

Any hints on the next North American location? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, the plan is to do PAE. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Was going to purchase this last night. Went onto SimMarket. Read the 4 reviews posted so far. All 4 mention a very significant drop in FPS. Purchase cancelled until I hear things are improved with frame rates. Was hoping this was going to be a product like their KDCA (awesome graphics, little / no frame rate hit), instead it appears from initial reports it’s going to be like their KMDW (awesome graphics and crushing impact on frame rates).

2 Likes

what I can say from my end, I get good enough performance on landing and takeoffs (between 30 - 35 FPS) with the PMDG 738. Performance goes down the drain when taxiing to the gates - around 20 fps. Which seems to correlate to what drzewiecki said earlier, that they tried to optimize it for the critical phases. Which works ok for me at least. That’s with everything on Ultra, 200 LOD, about 30 FSTL injected static aircraft (scenery statics to off), vatsim live traffic (but only 3 or 4 planes were on the apron). Great detail as expected from this dev and that kind of money. Hoping for some performance tweaks at the gates but I would buy it again anyway.

system specs: 9900K, 2080TI, 32GB RAM, DX11 (DX12 gives me much less FPS for some reason, especially in KEWR)

1 Like

DX12 does the exact opposite for me. I just switched back to DX11 to test and I am getting terrible mircostutters. Looks like my RX6800 hates DX11. I keep my TLOD to 150 or lower when flying Airliners.

TLOD@200 is going to cripple your mahcine with FSTL. You have to lower your LOD settings.

Here are my specs:
i7 10700KF @5.1ghz
32gb
RX 6800 16gb ( works better with DX12 beta)

Agree. I bought this airport, and it is resource heavy, but I’m getting more used to understanding tradeoffs. Specifically this airport being located not far away from manhattan is inevitably going to be tough on any system. Throw in some AI traffic like FSLTL and your mainthread is quickly going to be CPU limited irrespective of GPU or VRAM.
Tradeoffs-
I was sat at INIs EGLL (v2, very detailed) having landed in a low 15(ish)FPS situation. After landing sitting about watching with a stuttery to pan drone, I found that I had to reduce TLOD to get it all working well again. I always ran with TLOD at 200, but am now down to 100 to keep it my sysyem out of CPU limited situations (FPS, stutters).
It’s all a balancing act in the end of the day, and our CPUs are the bottleneck most of the time.
KEWR does look fantastic though, love the ambient sounds and PA calls etc when in terminal. All very immersive.

1 Like

Hope it’ll include the final production 747 aircraft… :grin:

I don’t think so as the line is getting closed and the layout will change. The idea is to concentrate on the 777X line. The aircraft itself may stand somewhere indeed but not at the factory.

Sad to say that this is one of the airports I regret buying.

Yes, there’s a lot of detail and it looks good but the poor performance makes it impossible for me to enjoy this airport.

In addition to low frames, the pop in on this airport also seems way worse than on other airports.

Inibuilds showed with their recent releases that you can have great looking airports while still maintaining acceptable fps.

Hopefully Asobo will be able to offload work from the CPU to the GPU with future patches so that we get better fps on busy airports.

(5800x3d / 4090)

DD stuff runs terrible on my system but with a 5800x3d and 4090 you shouldn’t be having any major issues. Perhaps your settings are too high. What do you have your LOD set to? Some payware airports I have to lower the TLOD all the way to 100!

I have a 5800X3D and i can say @DrzewieckiD airports are some of the only ones causing stutters and lower framerates.

Sure they look nice… but so do other airports that are half the install size.

I hope they find a better balance along the line somewehere as their airports are VRAM hogs, for now this will be my last airport from this vendor.

2 Likes