[Drzewiecki Design] - KRNT Renton Municipal Airport

Wrote a longer review in the other thread here in the forum. Summary: Amazing work by DD, and surprisingly very little impact on FPS! One of the best sceneries I have ever seen …

2 Likes

Just purchased it however there is a slight fps hit where the static aircraft is parked. Still very playable compared their other airports I own.

3 Likes

Sigh…just bought it…12-15fps. DD hate my machine.

1 Like

As soon as this package went live I said, “Shut up and take my money!”
Now some may balk at the price tag of $20.00, but spending most of my career either there or in Seattle, I wanted to reminisce.
This is a good effort by DRZ, they have faithfully recreated the feel of Renton Final Assembly - although not a perfect recreation, it is a work of art that had me looking for the safety glasses vending machine near the door of the 4-82 building. Again not all processes of final assembly were recreated, but you can get a feel for the process. The animations, whether the occasionally opening factory doors, fuselages being moved about the yard, the crane swinging the tube in place for the wing to body join are wonderful - simplistic, but wonderful none the less. The moving lines are reproduced and the planes staged about the property where they would be normally.
Renton Municipal has been remastered like only third parties can do. Lake Washington is moved back where it belongs and more of the small general aviation presence is there.
I could do with less “400hz power” around the aircraft on the field, and although the factory sounds are nice, I miss the zip of rivet guns on metal.
Minor texture issues on the 4-81 factory sliding door were noticed, but only from the inside. All in all I give it a score of 8/10 it will move up with fixes I’m sure

6 Likes

What gpu do you have?

Really hope they release KSEA in the future. I have their Seattle scenery for FSX and loved it! Default KSEA needs some love.

1 Like

3060ti Ryzen7

Seems to be a little more stable however I have no static aircraft for some reason. I installed using just flight exe

I’m hoping for KBFI. That airport is truly the jewel of the northwest. Having Boeing’s Flight Test Center, Seattle Delivery Center, Military Flight Center, and the Museum of Flight.

7 Likes

Maybe you have your settings set too high and what Ryzen 7 series is that?
I have an rtx2060super which doesn’t even scratch the surface with a 3060ti.
Have my Obj LOD@100 Terrain LOD@200 1440p ultrawide.

Did anyone buy this from JustFlight? When you installed it do you have the static planes and other animations at the actual airport? Because its totally blank for me.

I have the installer from JustFlight. Did you leave the option to REMOVE the static traffic UNchecked?

Originally I didn’t. So I reinstalled and left it unchecked the second time but it’s not working

Sorted finally. Wow how much stuff i was missing, its an amazing scenery. Would have likes a few more fps but its not sluggish so im happy.

2 Likes

I’d agree, really great work. It’s a work of art really.

Two gripes/bugs I’ve seen;

• the winglets on the 737 model look a bit weird to me. It’s hard to say exactly how, but they just don’t look correct
  • I saw a randomly dismembered crane hook merrily flying around the airfield on it’s own

This should set the bar for other top tier airports devs that we love (Pyreegue, Flytampa etc…) in the future. The audio addition itself adds so much immersion. Love the chatter in the PMDG offices lol. I chilled there for a while waiting to hear a release date but no luck :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m buying mainly because i want to explore the assembly plant in VR!:rofl:

i did however fly through the assembly plant James Bond Octopussy esq.

Couldn’t resist

2 Likes

Awesome job with this. One of the best airports available. I’d love if you were the guys to do New Orleans Lakefront Airport at some point.

1 Like

Anyone else seeing a bug in murky weather? The factory unit where the assembly takes place doesn’t seem to be rendering correctly under certain weather conditions, specifically murky low cloud & rain.

Weirdly it looks fine from an external view, but from inside the cockpit something isn’t right. Is this just me?

1 Like