[Drzewiecki Design] - KRNT Renton Municipal Airport

Luckily that weather is rare in… oh, wait!

Really hope KBFI and KPAE are on the table. Had the P3D versions from these folks and they were great. Can only imagine what they’d do under MSFS!

I was going to buy this from Simmarket because I had the discount from owning the P3D package, but even with that OrbX was just $1 more so I went with them to simplify updates.

1 Like

I can confirm thatt.

1 Like

Any idea if there’s a way to submit a bug report with signing up for (yet) another forum/bulletin board?

Do they have a Discord server? :face_with_monocle:

FYI, just got an email from JustFlight that this scenery has been updated.

Sadly the issue still seems to be there with the update :disappointed:

Good improvements nonetheless though.

I flew in live weather there yesterday afternoon after installing the update - it was certainly cloudy but not like what’s shown above. No issues for me, but it does take a VERY long time to load in. I wonder what it’s like to fly in with this airport as a destination rather than origin?

Has anyone tested that? Maybe start flying a few dozen miles away and see if there are any rendering issues as you fly past or come in to land.

I’ve a couple more shots I took in the C152 just to prove it’s not an aircraft issue. I’ll put them up as soon as I get chance.

I’ve seen the same issue on Pilot Plus’ Oxford EGTK scenery too. A couple of the hangers and space around them are exactly the same in misty/cloudy/rainy weather.

Moscow IS in Europe. Russia is a very large country straddling two continents. Everything west of the Ural mountains is European, Moscow is very much European.

It’s true that the majority of the land mass is on the Asian continent, but only 22 percent of the Russian population lives east of the Urals, fully 78 percent live on the European side, so it’s much more European than Asian.

1 Like

Back on topic, from the Youtube videos I’ve watched, this airport looks to be the best creation so far. Incredible job.

2 Likes

The most detailed scenery I’ve ever experienced thus far!

I think it must be great on a well-spec’ed system!

Your worst fear, though, has been realized on my low-end system, at least.
(Lenovo lap-top with 7th gen I7 mobile and a GTX 1050ti.)

Stutters make it basically unflyable around this airport .

The default KRNT is pretty hard on frames for some reason, so yea totally makes sense when you add triple the 3d objects and moving parts that need to be rendered with this addon.

1 Like

I never really noticed that about the default airport.
I have found a very frame friendly mod version on the “.to” site, though.
Of course there are no animations, no spectacular interior views of the Boeing production line, etc. but…

Yea your system is pretty anemic for such detailed demanding addons unfortunately, unless you are to strip alot of visual settings down ie clouds, textures, trees etc etc
The DD Renton scenery version is loaded with so much stuff.
Peds, trains, trucks,flag animations etc etc
Upgrading hardware is totally worth it though for these types of experiences as the whole Renton premises feels like a living breathing place.:beers:

DD addons tend to be heavy system wise but this one runs way better than their other payware airports on my mediocre gpu. Not sure how they did it including the animation.

My finger is on the trigger, but with world economies being so volatile these days, thankfully it’s not a hair-trigger!
:laughing:

Some more screens of the rendering issue in murky weather

Hopefully one day it will be put on the Marketplace so that Xbox users can enjoy this scenery too.

1 Like

Just purchased and flown there from Victoria with no problems other than awful weather! Amazing creation.
There is one static aircraft that glows in a ghostly fashion. Never seen anything like it before!
One question - tower gave me a parking spot but I cannot find anything to tell you where it is. Navigraph doesn’t and Internet search came up blank. Anyone know about parking?
Also all liners were parked with front outwards. Do they get pushed in this way?
Thanks
Richard

Renton is the point of delivery for 737’s - the many parked planes around the field are aircraft being outfitted and checked prior to their customer delivery flights; the are taxied or towed to those hardstand parking spots for processing until they are flown out. If you look at aerial/satellite imagery on your map site of choice, you’ll see that how these planes are rendered is pretty true to life:

2 Likes