[Drzewiecki Design] - KRNT Renton Municipal Airport

How did you handle the performance of the area with this addon? The stock profile for this area is very very CPU heavy especially with some scenery added in and a few airports. I am just curious if you used any tricks to bring performance up in certain places?

It’s on my Wishlist and I already have the Seattle Landmarks and also picked up Tacoma. BTW it looks amazing. However checking in sim there is not much for approaches here. We need RNP asap. I’m finding more and more airports with only RNP these days.

I run 4k but have reduced to 85. Dropped to 80 and still looks amazing.
I flew the longitude using the rnp z approach. The advisory vnav gets you safely to 2000 feet, then the g5000 will fly the final stage using apr mode on autopilot. Very smooth landing!

One version of the fbw a32 will do this as, of course, will the g1000 nxi

What CPU are you running?

Can’t remember. But it was the best graphics and cpu about 2 years ago!
Utterly out of date now!

So, aside from the now well-known, jaw-dropping factory animations and the 737 sitting there wearing PMDG livery, there are several other little things in this scenery that I’ve found. :slight_smile:

But I think I like this one even more:

Be sure to have sound turned on - this is the first scenery I’ve found that has custom audio.

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t even think to look inside of the tower!:rofl::beer:

1 Like

I really love the use of the faked interior 3D textures here. They look amazing and I did not think they could actually be used that well to create a 3D image with a flat surface. Amazing how far we have come and how good the textures look. I am curious though if this addon actually improved performance in this area or makes it worse.

This stock area is damaged in my SIM and the Mesh from Cali to Canada needs work. Performance is at an all time low even in the autogen airports but again this stock autogen airport does not use any tricks for performance like culling or portals or anything.

This addon looks amazing and even though I do not have it BlueManaBattery gave us a lil demo on twitch which was nice. Watched the whole process of the planes being made and moved around. Very cool. I would love to get some insight from the dev here though on performance and his thoughs on the Asobo mesh from Cali to Canada Northwest…

1 Like

Can anyone help, downloaded Renton from Justflight and statics don’t show up. Tried reinstall clearing cache and no I did not tick the dont install statics option. Help.

1 Like

This was finally released to xbox users on marketplace and while it looks amazing I suspect this will be a CTD magnet on xbox (as are many of the large Drzewiecki airports). Would be curious to hear thoughts from xbox users if they purchase this and how well it works. I already have Seattle Landmarks and that addon works fine on xbox, so this would be a nice compliment to it.

1 Like

I live in Renton and the planes are parked both ways depends on what they are doing.

1 Like

Yes, a hell of CTDs. Tested with a320

Love this addon but it takes over 6 minutes to load up. Waste of money or time…

It loads normally on my computer. No waste of money or time. It’s awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. KRNT loads in ~15secs without the addon, 6 minutes+ with the addon. The Drzewiecki Seattle Landmarks doesn’t seem to have loading issues. I can also load the FlightFX KPWK airport (about the same size) without issue, and the Asobo KSEA without issue. I’ve tried deleting the rolling cache and the NVIDIA Shader caches without effect. Obviously something is different on my machine.
PS., I’ve got the MSFS play store version on PC.

A little more info. From the debug console this is where the delay is, nearly 5 minutes for these 5 items…

14:42:52 Loading: ‘vfs://drzewieckidesign-krnt/scenery/KRNT Renton MSFS/KRNT_BLDG_E.BGL{3644B93A-95B2-42F1-E39A-7EB60F766BC0}[x0]’
14:44:29 Loading: ‘vfs://drzewieckidesign-krnt/scenery/KRNT Renton MSFS/KRNT_BLDG_E.BGL{3644B93A-95B2-42F1-E39A-7EB60F766BC0}[x2]’
14:46:18 Loading: ‘vfs://drzewieckidesign-krnt/scenery/KRNT Renton MSFS/KRNT_BLDG_E.BGL{B5F7876D-FD38-404A-2D2E-3A3C97381BF0}[x0]’
14:46:23 Loading: ‘vfs://drzewieckidesign-krnt/scenery/KRNT Renton MSFS/KRNT_BLDG_W.BGL{3BB603BD-E7F0-4044-0E45-0E468F34BE78}[x0]’
14:47:39 Loading: ‘vfs://drzewieckidesign-krnt/scenery/KRNT Renton MSFS/KRNT_BLDG_E.BGL{B5F7876D-FD38-404A-2D2E-3A3C97381BF0}[x1]’

That’s so weird. No such issue with my setup. Maybe try removing the add-on from the Content Manager, clearing out all of the temporary files in C:\Users[YOURACCOUNTNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache , rebooting, and then reinstalling the airport? What you’re seeing isn’t a common issue with the rest of us, so as you said, something’s funky with the install on your machine.

Hope you get it resolved – it’s a great add-on!

Go back and read up this thread over the last year - long load times are absolutely a thing with this airport. 8 minutes for me on my i7-11700KF + RTX 3070, loading off an M.2 NVME SSD. This has been consistent since I bought the scenery on release day 13 months ago.

yea, good to hear I’m not alone. Tried deleting everything in the cache (except usercfg), as suggested, rebooted and reinstalled. No luck, lots of errors being generated in the debug console.

No delay on load up, but I wish they would fix the factory building from appearing through clouds.

1 Like