Dubai Palm Islands Missing on World Map

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Islands gone

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just check the map. they are missing. Fortunately not on site.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi Carlos,
I’ve altered your title to reflect the issue and better search for others who may be reporting the same. :+1:

Roger that, thanks

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I can confirm that Palm Islands are missing on the map.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The islands in Dubai are gone

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

but we have luck, in-game they are still present ( but not looking so good as expected )

1 Like

Using ORBX Dubai Landmarks makes it beautiful though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
I’ve also modified your bug report a little bit. This bottom area:

is a template for other people to contribute to the bug. As the person who is logging the bug, you don’t fill this part out.

Also, for this:
we ask that you actually add the version when you saw the bug. This helps the developers trace the problem and figure out what might have changed. By writing “latest update”, that makes it very difficult if the bug does not get logged for a few months. The latest version is always documented on the Community page:

(But thank you for actually using the bug template instead of deleting it!)

Im playng on xbox series x,when i go to world map,and zoom in on dubai,the palm islands dont show,the ocean right up to the land (coastline of dubai) seems to be covered in this dark blue fog covering the palm islands,also if i spawn in over the palm islands dubai,the game gets very glitchy causing ctd’s,buildings disappear and slowly reappear. I have bought and installed the dubai scenery,airports and night enhancements. Still glitchy as hell. I have rolling cache turned off,iv also turned it on…no luck in resolving issue. This happens with all planes over the area. Anyone else having this issue? Any help is much appreciated!

I know this doesn’t help you directly, but I gave it a run on PC to see if it had the same issue. While the islands don’t show up correctly on the world map, they do show correctly while in flight, and didn’t have any glitches, etc. while flying over/around the area.
Hope it gets worked out for you.
Regards

1 Like

Fixed in Sim Update 12.