Dune addon Atreises Ornithopter Corrupts Control Options

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Dune Expansion Atreises Ornithopter

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Brief description of the issue:

After installation, all custom Control Options for all aircraft have become corrupted, most settings have been changed to default or random settings, and the control options menu hangs indefinitely when switching from profiles sometimes until I press the back button.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Install the Dune addon

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same problem, the controls screen keeps loading after todays update. Also constant spinning circle.

I did not even install the Dune addon, only the update.

1 Like

The same except that I managed to load the profiles. When I switch from one profile to another, the profile titles change, but not the button assignments.

yes

my key profiles are empty, all the control options have disappeared from my hotas x52 saitek

1 Like

Yes

All of my profiles have been reset to default on Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

Yes

Changing key-profile wonā€™t load after Apply. Itā€™s assigned settings are stuck on the last one used before the Dune update, whatever profile you switch to.

no

PC version

N/A

No

On initial install of the small update going into control options I had a spinning white loading circle and the control options would not load. I installed the Dune addon, then rebooted the sim. All worked fine after rebooting the sim. Iā€™m on PC steam version.

After that control options works fine as before, and all my control presets are fine.
Can select and change them aok.

I also tested this on a clean community folder with just my Aircraft Manager addon as I also needed to confirm that the Aircraft Control Presets component of Aircraft Manager continues to work ok after the Dune update, and according to my tests it does: Aircraft Manager Pro + Location Manager Pro now available - #138 by Sonicviz

Something missing from the above reports that might be relevant to what could be causing this is a full analysis of ā€œperipheral set upā€ including ALL hardware and external software being used. Itā€™s ok to disable all mods "Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? " via addons linker et al, but there are also afaik some external control programs that interact with control options and there may be some issues with those that could be impacting this, possibly.
Users should also list how many control profiles they have created for each controller, in order to get a complete picture of each users setup that sets the context for the issue.

In debugging we need to look at all the factors that may be impacting this, and we need to consider not just community addons, but all hardware controllers and external software that connects to the sim as well.

Also looking for patterns in people experiencing the issue (and by the same token not experiencing the issue), such using the same controller types (and associated controller drivers) would be relevant as well. eg: Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo has been noted by two reports above, and might be relevant, or not. All leads should be considered when debugging.

My 2 yen.

4 Likes

Steam version. Installed Dune exp. Flow says ā€˜one of my scriptsā€™ is running. Many custom peripherals cleared or modified. Uninstalled exp. Same. Reinstalled sim. Still broken.

Trying 2nd reinstall to a nearly empty drive. Will reboot immediately after completion.

Using the Ornithopter forces a new Ornithopter joystick profile, which you canā€™t change or delete. So every time you fly the Ornithopter, you have to load the flight, then go into options and set your joystick profile back to you preferred profile.

There was no need for Asobo to force an Ornithopter profile on us as it flies just fine using existing profiles. While I see no problem automatically creating a new profile, it wasnā€™t OK to force everyone to use it with the Ornithopter. I can easily add any Ornithopter specific commands to my existing profile if I want.

11 Likes

Yes. However, it has custom controls for boosting, braking, gliding and diving. These controls are included in the forced profiles.

While I understand their desire to give everyone a simple-as-possible experience by having these controls already assigned to a button when you start flying, I think itā€™s a bit of a poor choice to do it via forced profiles.

The forced profile for your keyboard is ā€œShort keyboardā€. This profile lacks any VR/Tobi interactions and thus itā€™s pretty impossible to recenter the camera. Without recentering the camera you canā€™t control the menu (since itā€™s not visible from your current POV). This makes it a pretty poor experience overall with me even having to exit with Alt + F4 one time because I couldnā€™t get my mouse to the ā€œcontinueā€ button to exit to main menu.

Eventually I solved it by binding VR/Tobi controls to my virpil collective, which isnā€™t recognized by default and doesnā€™t has a forced profile.

But all in all itā€™s not the best solution as it currently is.

Guys, all it does is change the controls to the orthocopter settings. Just go and reselct your default control profiles its fine.

If your profiles are still there, just not marked as active, thatā€™s a tiny annoyance easily rectified.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Dune Royal Atreides Ornithopter

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Latest

Brief description of the issue:

Since installing the Dune Expansion today, I cannot access any of my controller profiles. The window is grayed out and the circle is not rotating. I have rebooted the Xbox, and uninstalled the Dune Expansion, and the problem remains.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox S and V1 Flightstick

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes

and how do you do it since itā€™s so simple ?

If memory serves, you use the left right arrows to choose the profile you want to use for that controller, then apply it.

I do, you didnā€™t read what I wrote:

Notice the ā€œifā€. Obviously if they have completely gone then you canā€™t switch to them. Some users have reported that what is happening is you pick the Ornithopter, and it changes their controller profiles. They did not report they were deleted, just no longer configured as the active ones.

If they are there, and wiped, then thatā€™s a different problem. Perhaps a restore from your ā€œwgsā€ backup.

After hearing about these things in previous updates, Iā€™ve got careful about taking regular backups of that folder. Even if the profiles names get changed, I have the content of the controller configs to paste into whatever new GUID my controllers have been assigned.

Iā€™ll dig out the path to that folder in a secā€¦

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\

The ā€œwgsā€ folder contains a ton of folders, one of which is your logbook, and others are your controller config files in plain text. Iā€™ve modified those by hand to overcome UI issues, and once the sim is re-loaded the changes apply, so a copy/paste form of restore from backup would absolutely work.

But you have to have that backup in the first placeā€¦

3 Likes

partially yes
This is without downloading the DLC just the smaller mandatory update

the controls options panel menus are erratic and hang on ā€˜loadingā€™ for minutes !

Yes

Profiles are corrupt after installation of Dune Expansion
Not just with Ornithopter, but with ALL aircraft
Profiles still appears but are reset
I play with Xbox gamepad on PC
Key mapping is reset along with sensitivity settings
I feel like the controls are back to how the game was released
(for the rudder in particular, it work on/off, not notch by notch as was subsequently modified)

1 Like