Dune Expansion and Atreides Royal Ornithopter

same for me. now what?

1 Like

And no VR! I was looking forward to fly on Arrakis, but alas no.

The post 6 posts up from @dagwit00001 explains it, you just need to restart the sim and it should be fine.

1 Like

No VR? How is it possible? I fly only in VR, so now I don’t know if it’s worth to install this expansion pack.

I already had problems with the control options today before the update. So it doesn’t necessarily have to be because of the update.

Exactly my thoughts, but atleast it didn’t cost anything. Very disappointing and unusual that VR is missing.

But what I don’t want at all is a new profile with bindings to buttons I have bound in FSUIPC already for other tasks like camera switching.

It’s a real mess.

Ok folks, it’s not a “Gazing at the Menu Simulator.” Just load up what plane you want to fly, fly it, enjoy it, and forget the menu screens exist lol

1 Like

Wait, what? The Dune thing doesn’t work with VR?

Yea, I have 0 interest in flying on a flat screen. That’s disappointing.

It says “press Joystick button 9 to unfoald wings.” Haha, I have 3 Joysticks attached, so which one? And all buttons on all Joysticks do some important tasks.

I know it’s free, but I will uninstall it and maybe come back to it later and clean out all bindings in the new profile.

Creating new profiles for aircraft in the Marketplace must be optional.

Well, there seems to be a regression from the topgun dlc, this was gone after some updates but now is back with the dune one.

In the challenges i get the stuck counter numbers

Haven’t tested on the topgun challenges yet, haven’t used that in a while.

Edit: yeah it’s in the topgun ones as well.

5 Likes

I believe it did that too for the landing challenge. If you go into “activities”, you should find the tutorials and challenges.
Regards

The Ornithopter flies well. The flight physics are really fun.

7 Likes

Agree. Don’t get me wrong I love the Dune saga but this is what happens when you mix a (somewhat) professional flight sim with a gaming platform.

Kind of wish this had been payware for those that wanted it (as should have been the Pelican and Maverick expansion before it) and the money could then have been used to further them sim for the better.

I wonder how much Microsoft paid to get the license to do this. Couldn’t the same funds have been put back into the better development in the sim.

All for a bit of fun but really, if they’d added this to Ace Combat 6 or War Thunder I’d have had no objections.

4 Likes

Hello @GrungeSlayer,

Both the Halo Pelican and Top Gun Maverick DLCs were also free, just like the new Dune Expansion.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

5 Likes

Thanks you just confirmed my point, I said they should all have been payware for those that wanted them (just like aircraft).

It’s hardly general purpose like a world update.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth? Can I ask the gift be given back and the money better spent on something useful.

1 Like

Anyways, as it’s there. I loaded it up and spotted two issues:

1. Loading tooltip says to use “CTRL+T” to unfold the wings. What if that keybind has been remapped? Maybe the tooltip should state what needs to be mapped (e.g. propeller pitch) instead?
  2. Unable to check what controls are bound once starting the scenario as the controls window freezes. Could be a general sim issue rather than this scenario not sure:

I also noticed , the automatic change to the new profile, however it indeed corrupted every other profile. I am in the process of rebuilding each aircraft profile.

And I am not the only one.
bug report
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dune-addon-atreises-ornithopter-corrupts-control-options/

3 Likes

for those whose vr is not working, for me it works, but i have to reselect my keyboard profile to make the key combo ctrl-tab working again.

Also my keyboard profile gets set to “keyboard short” after I was in a challenge.

Edit:
It only gets set to it after a challange, if I just start a normal flight over the world map and exit, it stays at my set profile.

Edit2:
I restarted the sim, now it stays at my selected profile even after beeing in a challenge.
So:
select your desired profiles → apply → restart

3 Likes