DVD disks for FS2020

But it’s a big diffrent if i need a 8GB drive (windows 10) or a 128GB drive (MSFS)

They may serve as nice coffee saucers, too :wink:

There are some hints in the forum:

DVD needed to play

You can put the image in any folder, but you have to mount it bevor starting the sim. I do that automatically with: Virtual Clone Drive → Automount last image

An other link: Tip for DVD users - save drive space!

1 Like

That is exactly what I did simply because I would rather have the the Disks safely tucked away in the Box than constantly in the tray :slight_smile:

1 Like

The location doesn’t really matter. I leave mine on the desktop so I don’t forget.

Yeah definitely. Not saying it’s the cheapest option. Aerosoft could just put these discs in paper OEM sleeves and a brown box, call it a day, and save even more on production. But lots of people are buying the boxed version because they want something nice. Or they’re trying (in vain) to avoid a lot of hassle in the setup process if their internet isn’t the greatest.

128 gb flash drives are going for 10 to 12 bucks now. MS could produce them in bulk at a lower cost, and even make them look like a nice keepsake, collector’s item. Maybe an ignition key for your virtual airplane?

Yeah, that’s the other thing. I’m plugging something into the USB anyway as I’d need an external drive if I ever have to use a disc (haven’t yet).

Some old guys refuse to let go of the buggy whip.

I have another problem. When I try to update my PD extras from the content manager there are some that will not update. I get a message saying things like
“the following content is required for this item to run properly -fs-base-propdefs-required version 0.1.2” and “No version history yet” on another one it said I need version 1.12.12 but I am running 1.12.13 already. Do you have any suggestions?

Sounds unrelated to it being a disk version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.