DX12 Screen flashing with Bloom enabled

OMG turned bloom off and boom White flash is gone…i spend like 3 hours playing witth all the ■■■■■■■■ settings trying to find a solution in the nvidia control panel lol and it was the bloom…i don’t know for you guys but i’m happy because the game run way better on dx12 since the last update

Also been having this problem ever since I started using DX12 so I’m going to turn off bloom too and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Turning off Bloom also fixed the flashes for me.

I hope there will be a fix soon because Sunset without Bloom is like Ice-cream without…eh…well something important that makes sense with this anecdote.

4 Likes

Exact the same thing???

I had the same problem. Turned bloom off gave a solution. Turning bloom on again and the problem was still gone??? (somebody in this topic had the same thing)

Yes this was at same on my desktop. Have a 2070 super en Ryzen 2700x

Had this problem for a few days. And yes i turned off bloom and it has seemed to go away … at least for now… lets hope msfs doesnt mess up this time. DX12 4w wide User here.

Are there any updates on a fix for Bloom in DX12? The sun (and sunrise/sunset) looks so bad with “Bloom” off. I am using DLSS on an RTX4080 so I can’t go back to DX11.

Same issue here, updated GPU Drivers, Updated game.

You can go back. I’m using a 4090 and DLSS is working just fine in DX11.

He probably means DLSS 3 which needs DX12

same problem
I can’t use DX12 because of these flash and I do not want to disable bloom

Thankyou for this. Your solution works for me!

Turning off BLOOM is not a solution, it’s a Workaround. Really wish they would fix this.

2 Likes

Sorry. Thankyou for this. Your workaround works for me!

1 Like

I started to have this issue of screen flash just today in the sim (DX12/SU11). Was reading in this forum that many others have had the issue also but there was no definitive root cause.

Well, I remembered earlier in the day I had adjusted my RX6800 overclock to increase boost clock and reduce voltage. First time I had adjusted this in months but all of my subsequent stress tests were positive. I therefore changed back to my previous OC values and bam, problem gone. Got out of the sim and then changed back to my previously increased OC and bam, problem has re-occurred!

Changed back once again to my original OC, emptied my shader cache and rebooted and all is good.

Hopefully, this helps someone else!

Have been getting screen flashes too. Current new .22 beta. Not sure what’s going on.

Yep me too, not all the time, just occasionally but it is off-putting.

Asobo please fix this

I haven’t noticed one screen flash since the retail version of SU12 dropped. But it was definitely doing it with the beta version, one before last. Don’t know whether it was that or the latest Nvidia driver that I installed that’s done it but I’ll take it.