E: drive not recongnized to run or install MFSF (yesterday it was possible)

I can not install MSFS in E: drive now (it was installed yesterday in that drive). The problem happens after doing this:

• I have a dual boot computer: Windows 10 (1st boot) + Windows 10 (2nd boot).
  • I installed MSFS in 1st boot and everything ok, using E: drive for the 100 Gb data.
  • After that, I installed MSFS in 2nd boot (also using E: to overwrite the same data for both installations) and everything ok.
  • BUT NOW I CAN NOT RUN THE GAME in the Windows 10 1st boot installation (I still can run from 2nd boot, but I am more interested on 1st boot). I get the error that says something like I have no connection or maybe E: drive is disconected.
  • I uninstall MSFS from 2nd boot, and after that I uninstall from 1st boot, to try to start from scratch.
  • I try to install again in 1st boot and I get the same problem, unit E: is not recognized or not compatible.

In the middle of everything I tried to modify security rights to have access to WindowsApps folder in both Windows boots, but I think the problem must be related to installing both MSFS using the same E: drive for store data. I usually do this procedure with other games to not duplicate data and have the possibility to run from both Windows boots, but MSFS is different in terms of security, it seems.

Now I just want to have the possibility to run MSFS from 1st boot and store data in E: drive, but E: drive is not present as an option to install the game.

pff thats complicated, you may need to uninstall it at the 2 nd boot first
why do you make things so complicated with 2 boots of same os?

As I said, I have uninstalled MSFS 2nd boot, and after that I uninstalled MSFS 1st boot, to try to start again from zero. Not possible to install now using E: drive.
I think 2nd boot installation should have create a “mark” that prevents now to use E: drive when I try to install MSFS from 1st boot, and that “mark” is still here even if I have uninstalled the game in both Windows boots.

I really think MS security procedures creates more problems than benefits. A lot of mistrustfulness that end up creating lots of problems when you “get out of the box” of the rules that MS imposes.

1 Like

it just prevents hacking… sharing the windowsapps folder sounds a bit tricky, but’s a intressting solution :slight_smile: But I fear not what MS had in mind :rofl:

May be while uninstalling some files are left. Within the FAQ is described that some folders have may be manual removed.

Ok, but still nobody gives me a clear solution. MS must use any other method to prevent hacking, not creating problems to people who buy a product.
Anyway, I have deleted manually the folder
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe”

But I can not manually delete de folders in E: drive (those folders have appropiate my E: drive and give me no choice to remove them). I dont have any other MS Store game installed on my computer, and right now I dont have either MSFS, so what is the reason to not let me get rid of them? Why is M$ so intrusive and dont ask for permisions to make things that affect my computer? M$ create security things to prevent hackers, but M$ is hackering my computer.

Right now I just want to know if it is possible to ask for a MONEY BACK of this MSFS product, provided that I can not install it properly on my computer, and nobody knows how to solve the problem.

1 Like

Why should they.
Why do you expect them (us) to?

This has nothing to do with FS2020.
This has nothing to do with this Forum.

they have the normal usecase in mind for testing and support. Special cases like yours with a dual boot and use folders like windowsapps twice, is just not in focus and its understandable “why”. I also agree with @MSFSRonS that this is not a MSFS issue in generall.

We , the community, can not tell you whether you can get your money back as these reason. I asssume not, but I’am just only part of the community ( as all the other users in forum too ).

I assume there are not many users which try your solution, and so there is possible not much experiance in case of issues. I not sure whether it might be a solution to install the game content ( this which is the big part ) onto a common folder ( not sharing whole windowsapp ). Just only the “packages” folder. May be the issue exist because you share also config files. But as said, its more guesses like knowing.

EDIT:
in case I missunderstood and you can not delete the files on E: because windowsapp system secure, then would be possible this topic interessting.

1 Like