EA Release: Working Title G3X Touch Discussion Thread

I just wish they would fix the issue that it is not possible anymore to switch the map orientation to “Track Up”. Being forced to use “North Up” is a big pity. Especially as the map menu is the #1 feature on the feature list of the WT G3X mod. @kaosfere4829

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.
Looks like WT are completely neglecting their G3X mod. No new version for ages.

1 Like

Sorry guys I have two quick questions trying to get back up to speed after SU5…

1. I remember I used to be able to set the map to Track Up but I can’t seem to do be able to it anymore. Has something changed?
  2. How do you change the VOR OBI? I don’t see any OBS knob/options in the menus.

I’m flying the XCub and I have the GX3 dev10 version.

Personal Comments:

Folks - the Working Title roadmap since Garmin became the No. 1 requested feedback item is to fix the Garmins in sequence. That means all hands on NXi and G3000/G3X get QoL updates until it’s they’re turn in the queue. It’s a matter of resourcing among others. The sooner NXi comes out of Early Access and gets integrated fully into sim core code, then the team can focus on the other units. That’s why the expected timeframe to address them spans mutliple Sim Update milestones.

I get your frustration, I fly the TBM and Longitude, as well as the Vertigo (modded VL-3), so I want to see progress in the other Garmins as well. MSFS is a decade-long journey, it’s going to take time. Follow the progress on Working Title’s Discord if you want the latest updates. Thanks!

3 Likes

Does the WT G3X still work?
I’ve tried intstalling it for use in the King Air but the screens stay black; it won’t load :frowning:

take it from there Working Title - Packages, must work, but in different aircraft with some different glitch, no black screen

Black screens sometimes means a livery conflict.

2 Likes

Hello, I have downloaded the latest version of the G3X and followed the install instructions but in the XCub is still the default G3X.
Can somebody help me with this problem?

Is this the cockpit that’s in the king air 350 as well?

Yes. The KA 350 is supposed to have the Rockwell Collins ProLine, similar to the CJ4. But in this case, it was modeled with the G3X. You could ideally supplement it with PMS’ GTN750, but there seems to be some conflicts occurring recently.

I’m a little lost with this, as it looks like all 3 touch screens are showing the same things and I’m unable to get the MFD to show the engine instruments. Do you know how to do this?

2 Likes

Any custom liveries?

I’m using the Air New Zealand livery

Dump the livery as a test and see if it’s the culprit.

1 Like

looks like that may have been it. does this screenshot look correct?

Looks right here.

1 Like

Great! Thanks. But why would external livery cause the panel to break? And does this mean I can not use downloaded liveries? One mystery solved, but several more appear…

Not sure. I’m not a livery author or a coder. You’d have to check with them. But generally speaking, many oddities point back to Liveries being the root cause. That’s why I only have one custom livery (it’s a color I like) and it’s been updated several times over the course of the custom aircraft mod it’s paired with - thanks to an expert livery maker.

Can somebody please help me with this problem or have an idea what’s wrong?

1. you downloaded it from here? Working Title G3X - Intro
  2. you unzipped it and put this folder in your Community folder : workingtitle-gx
  3. you started MSFS and loaded a flight with the Xcub
    If you did so, please make screenshot of panel and post here