Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

Hello,
Track IR is fixed, live weather fixed, … in flight righ now enjoying clouds and rain around paris !

19 Likes

you’re probably beta testing. clickbeat title.

2 Likes

Of course forgot to mention it is the public beta !

What about editing the thread title then? [smh]

2 Likes

Hmm. Why then did the weekly Blog post say the beta opportunity would be made available to sign up next week?

" This opportunity will become available on Monday, December 6th. At that time, please open up the Xbox Insider app and click the “Join” button under Microsoft Flight Simulator. Feedback will be gathered in the public pre-release testing section of the forums, where we will ask you specific questions about the release notes to confirm the update is working as intended for all users."

3 Likes

The public beta is Monday. The release is still early access.

2 Likes

what about the pixelisation and grain in clouds ?

3 Likes

Could be wrong but I think the clouds look better, not seen anything like as much pixellation and graininess as previously but it’s early days…

3 Likes

can you share some pictures if you can ?

Any mention about the Bush Trips?

I’m very confused by this - how is this different that what was discussed in the Dev Blog last week? And if it’s a “public Beta”, why is there no way to sign up for it?

1 Like

I don’t use them and as far as I’m aware there aren’t any release notes yet

The last group of beta testers have been allowed early access. It’ll be available to everybody on Monday I believe

2 Likes

NDA, right?

2 Likes

Sign up via the Xbox insider app on Monday. Pay close attention to the instructions and only do it if you have MSFS (PC) on a custom installation path.

1 Like

Don’t think so - effectively its open to anyone that wants to try it out.No watermarks this time which is nice!

Aha, ok then! :blush:

1 Like

Hope the Toolbar for VR is fixed

That was not my question - I know how to sign up (I have tested prior Betas). I want to know how some people are evidently testing a “public beta” and posting about it, when clearly it’s not “public” yet. It’s still a closed beta that not everyone had a chance to sign up for.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. Can’t answer that one. But there is no NDA in place.

1 Like