Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

Okay, thank you

Clouds look lovely, thanks for sharing. Can’t wait for release.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s exactly what I want to see. Members make comments about how “this” looks better than it did in SU7 or is now “fixed”…ie volumetric clouds…but no pics to support claims.

1 Like

Thank you!

What I have seen so far in the beta testing - The altitude issue seems to be gone (though that may be fixed for everyone not just beta testing)

On my Xbox X with wireless mouse and thrustmaster hotas one - I have not had 1 CTD or screen lockup yet. I have been purposely moving my mouse and clicking all buttons and using different views in the cockpit which would previously cause issues on and off. I probably flew 5-6 hours yesterday and 3-4 hours Friday night.

Weather looks great so far, in the places I have flown, in the US, midwest and west coast so far.

Stuttering - I was pretty lucky in that I didn’t have much stuttering before, but now I don’t really notice it at all.

Off with my Longitude to test more…

5 Likes

@Hester40MT KGPI…KBTM

Winter ground textures make it hard to see the taxiway stripes, especially at night. Here is KGPI along with the ATIS so you can see the simulation of current conditions. What a beautiful airport. Thanks for telling me about this place’s existence.

On departure had one strong gust that sent my nose in a different direction, which surprised me. I didn’t think gusts were strong at ground level. In addition, saw airspeed tape deviation and ballooned.

I think the sequence of events was:
There were gusts before, then people said it was too strong, so it was calmed down below 3000 ft and then taken out entirely, possibly to be re-modeled. Then they were-added to live weather but not custom weather. So when people couldn’t control it, they said it wasn’t working. Then it was re-added back to custom weather - UI activation was in the release notes some time ago. There is still work to be done - definitely not perfect. Still way to docile at low altitude (below 3-5000 ft logic still seems to be there). It’s not perfect, but it’s “there.”

Here is climbing through the clouds.

Enroute FL230, bounced all over the place. My VS danced with the airspeed indicator. Smoothened out from FL180 to ground level. Tried to get a video of it, but didn’t work right. Wrong screen captured.

On descent, I guess you could call it a sharp transition - drop in visibility along with -SN. I guess this could happen in real life - when only one of these clouds is precipitating? Seemed to clear up taxiing to the ramp just a little too suddenly.

5 Likes

That’s actually nearly accurate! (Looking out my window!). KGPI is my home base. And those rocky mountains over to KBTM can be bumpy. The snow, we just got yesterday.

I do think there’s some improvements with the METAR transitions, but I also think some more work could be done. :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing that!

6 Likes

If this is your home, just wow - what quality of life you must have. Kudos.

1 Like

Well if this is true, I get very angry now… :wink:

I was part of earlier Beta Testing, but when it was over, I got a notification that I can now remove it from my Insider Hub. Which I did.
And now there is no MSFS Beta ever since…

1 Like

This is my guessing that only certain qualifying groups were given early access (extra weekend - 2 days) to this coldfix beta. The designated aircraft SME’s, designated peripheral testers, etc., in order to get as much feedback in case any dealbreaker bugs are present.

yeah, I understood that its early only for those from last Beta as it was delayed…
But anyway, tomorrow is coming soon :slight_smile:

AI planes still seem to be breakdancing…

This plane seems to be flat spinning … on the ground.

1 Like

What beta where you in? (Excluding the initial Alpha/Beta as you would have had to rejoin a closed beta after that). I’ll lookup your gamertag.

I’ve seen this effect before, so it’s definitely not new with this hotfix.

2 Likes

Maybe we should get some people to stand in a circle and clap for this dancing plane.

3 Likes

the one before Reno.
Was SU6, If I remenber well.
Signup was 1st of October, that I remenber…

OK. I see why now.

That beta was done though the MS Feeback Hub and not the forum. If you joined that as the first join, it wouldn’t have carried over to the Group on the forum.

When the next one comes out (and the feedback isn’t through the MS Feedback Hub), a notice will be posted for those who want to join. When it’s done through the forum, you are added to a Group. Those in this Group are then automatically added to the Xbox Insider as an invite.

1 Like

Sorry all – how are you seeing this beta? I am opening Xbox Insider and do not see any way to join (on Windows 11) and I’ve been in several past flights.

1 Like

What app or program did you use to put the graph together? Very cool!

I know that the beta is only available at this time to those that were involved in previous betas, and everyone else will have access tomorrow.

What I’m wondering about is the patch notes… are they available now to everyone? If so, can someone direct me to them?

Thanks in advance!