Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

Then you know that you have to change permission for access, with every Sim Update :+1:

You are right. I like that idea though to have METAR generated by the sim itself :slight_smile: That makes the METAR somewhat accurate to the weather that is happening in the sim at the same time they can have varied weather not depending on some METAR.

Oddly, I’ve never had to do that - I could always access it via NCP. I did take ownership at one point, acually on the back of an Asobo/MS post on this forum recommedning disabling full screen optimisations - this si going back a few months though. Not been near it in months (and as an aside, disabling full screen optimisations made no difference for me)

interesting.
I have access, NVIDIA and others react to the .exe and I haven’t touched any permissions since launch.
Worked just fine through every update so far.

I have no issue with Real World Metar being used “To enhance” the Sim’s Weather Model,.

Provided it is done correctly and does not cause issues,

Then what I want when I get a “SIM Metar” when flying in the sim is the resultant weather that is actually in the sim, and not the Real World Metar that was somehow “Blended” into the sim.

1 Like

Then you are using a Steam install of MSFS ?

no. MS Store.

1 Like

We can opt-in now for the beta.

1 Like

OK, then you have no issues … you have access :+1:

It is LIVE NOW !

2 Likes

Joined on xbox

Why would you want to OPT out, if you have the Beta Update Installed. ?
Its got to be an improvement on the current release, and when the finalized the Hot_Fix update comes out, that will replace the Beta.

1.7 GB Update on Xbox

I’m in - starting the process

Topic closed now that the Beta is live to the Public. There will be a separate thread for Beta Testers to review and join.