Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

Yes.

Oh, thats downright brave!

The problem with seeming is nothing to be what it seems. Tricky.

1 Like

100% agree … Asobo fixed the issue server side for altitude starting at around FL235, but then what is probably a similar bug, showed itself at around FL450.

Neither bug were introduced with SU7, but started later, probably due to some server side weather update. ?

Its clearly a Centigrade - Kelvin units error and should be fixed right up to the Sim’s max Altitude - who know what new High Altitude planes may be introduced over the next 9 year !!

Personally, I’m more than happy as I typically only fly GA below FL180, but I am happy to test at higher altitude, to contribute to the integrity and accurately of this “Simulator”, especially as I have the Development tools to so easily produce Altitude/OAT plots, which far more clearly show what is working or not, as opposed to such vague statements like “it doesn’t work when I fly high” !!

fixed-temp-fl

Note max Simulated altitude in MSFS 2020 appears to be about FL2800 !

ie Meopause

atmprofile1

For ref: SpaceShipTwo hit a peak altitude of around 282,000 feet,
which by coincidence is the max limit of MSFS 2020 !!

So, who will be the 1st Developer to make a SpaceShipTwo for MSFS :+1:

3 Likes

If I opt-in to the public testing opportunity, will I be able to opt-out and go back if I need to (due to inability to load the Sim or fly)?

I do have my Sim installed with all content in a custom path.

You can always OPT out, and worst case, uninstall the beta, and then do a clean Install of the Current Release version.

Easily ? Depends on what Internet Download speed you have to do a fresh Install, and how impatient you are, feeling the need to watch over every byte download !!

1 Like

In theory yes, you should be able to opt out and go back to SU7. However! I’ll caution on this as there were some in the last beta (prior to SU7 becoming public) that were not able to do this.

To Note! I’ve already installed this beta patch and so far, so good. I’ve not tested everything but what I have is good. Still have a lot to test! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

12 Likes

Thank you! I see zero color banding there, great job.

This looks so good, how the weather used to be in MFS.

1 Like

Just a reminder to all that the F/A-18 will happily fly above FL450, as will its third-party cousins. :wink: Would be nice if they have fixed that fully.

2 Likes

The game looks the same, what do you want to see?

I wanted to show loyality and bought it via MS Store, even twice, once the download and once the DVDs, to support development.

I’ll spare you the details of the 3-pages report I submitted to Zendesk. My failure seems to have been installing in a place different from default. Maybe, it conflicted with the pre-installation and/or rests of the earlier alpha installation, despite I had deinstalled that. The end was, I returned it and got money back.

Others may have better experience but for me it’s never MS Store again, whatever benefits I will get.

What i can show you is “real” fog, instead of clouds at the ground:

12 Likes

OK great! I was keeping mum waiting for the feedback section to open on the forums for fear of the NDA. :no_mouth:

I’ve been running the coldfix beta since Fri. Did extensive testing yesterday. 12 hrs of flying yesterday, hence I also spent a fair amount of time on the boards. I flew multiple legs and refueled at the gate. Basically, MSFS did not have a moment to take a break.

For my specific use case, this was the best release yet. Not a single stutter, no CTD, smoother weather transitions, no ubiquitous smog, Temps at various altitudes made sense. No reset of the settings.

The only thing that bugged out was the ATC at one point, but what else is new? Before your hopes go up, also recognize that my experience is often different than others. I have sim stability when others complain of CTD and vice versa. Before SU5 I had 5 CTDs PER DAY. Now I haven’t had one in months.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Am I correct in thinking that a fresh install is just the smaller part (launcher) and not the huge part (content) that is on a custom path?

Have you flown in some inclement wx? How was your METAR transitions? Also, how was winds aloft? I had 2 issues with high winds in excess of 100kts at FL150.

This is what I had for installation (MS Store version, Premium Deluxe & Reno)
1.16GB from MS Store and 694.01 MIB initial in-game install, 30.05GB Content Manager.

1 Like

I had some crazy winds aloft in excess of 100 kts. Maybe I hit the jetstream? Definitely hit turb and gained/lost some height while on altitude hold.

Are there specific use cases you want me to check out?

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll stay with it unless I absolutely have to revert.

1 Like

Or here, very accurate METAR rendering at LOWW right now, with -RADZ BR (Rain, Drizzle, Mist)

9 Likes