Early access to Public beta 1.21.17.0 is out

all my payware add ons are here on the x in the beta

no one can share screenshots with us ?

Because every fix can break something else and it needs to be tested before it gets forced to everyone. Also, this does not seem like an „easy fix“, it does more than that.

Generally the big updates are tested and small fixes not. Maybe they should keep the experimental testing branch for the new features.

With test patch 1.21.17.0 are VR controllers fully supported for all default planes including the steam gauge Cessna 172?

Will test for myself tomorrow but would be good to know before then if possible.

It’s strange there are no screen shots

2 Likes

Do I understand this correctly that test patch 1.21.17.0 has no NDA so I could stream first impressions after I get it installed?

1 Like

Correct! It’s a public patch. No NDA.

5 Likes

C’mon then guys, I’m on Steam so I can’t participate… I really want to see the beautiful color banding-free skies and clouds. Send some screens! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it workig better with the latest Nvidia drivers?

maybe read some posts earlier?

SU7 actually fixed a hell of a lot for many simmers. NV drivers aside most CTDs now seem to be caused either by mods or installation errors… yes there are new bugs thrown up but none that I’ve seen that will actually keep you grounded.

1 Like

Hardly ever CTD on my Xbox Series X before SU7, now it’s fairly regular (no 3rd party content)

this depends a lot on hpw you are using your sim.
I’m using it exclusively in VR and as a simulator rather than as a game. So SU7 litteraly kept me grounded.

But happy to see that after 17 long days I can get the BETA tomorrow and finally take-off again.

The problems are not at 2400 ft, or even 24,000 ft (FL240) – they now occur at around FL450 and yes, airliners do fly that high, and Business jets even higher.

Its a TEST !!.. does not matter what aircraft is up at that altitude, the issue occurs.
I just happened to have a C172 loaded in when I was doing the test… {sigh}
Its called “TESTING” !!

3 Likes

Marketplace purchases can be 3rd party so check for known issues. And believe me if multiple CTDs was a common problem these pages would be full of Xboxers complaining. All I can suggest is keep your console well ventilated and perhaps do a hard reset by (if I understand correctly) holding in the start button. I won’t be surprised if peripherals should need resetting/recalibration afterwards.

But even the slightest BUG absolutely ruins my IMMERSION, and make the sim totally unusable. :wink:

These Bugs need to be fix NOW, (before I next “try” to fly) :sob:

3 Likes

Service ceiling for most civil airliners is around FL410. If you’re unfamiliar with the term, look up “coffin corner” and see what kind of trouble planes and inexperienced pilots can get into flying above those service ceilings. Specifically, look up Pinnacle Airlines 3701.

Bizjets do fly higher safely. Having said that, I’m much less concerned with the SU7 FL440+ altitude bug than I am with the circumstances earlier this week with OAT down to FL235. So long as THAT is fixed, either in this beta or fixes on the server side, most simmers will be able to make most of their usual flights again.

5 Likes

Agreed. Where are the screenshots?

2 Likes

Does anybody know how long is this beta going to be tested before public release? The feedbacks here seems positive, while the rest of us have a broken game above all the weather system is now so immersion breaking.