Edinburgh Castle -- It floats

I found that Edinburgh Castle and its foundation floats. I know this is far down the list of important things to fix, but it might be something to fix. :wink:

If you were wondering, yes, I can fly or land under the castle.

1 Like

Edinburgh has been a mess since SU5. The castle, and the missing, inconsistent, or region-incorrect autogen. Many of us hope they will fix these well-reported issues.

3 Likes

Oh that is a nice case of Howl’s Moving Castle you got there

4 Likes

Strangely they use POIs as a selling point but then don’t incorporate them properly into the Sim, LODs are often very poor, they’re not properly located as above and then they get “fixed” but still don’t work correctly (see Devils Tower as a prime example).

1 Like

To be honest, that’s a pretty rudimentary attempt at placing a POI. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Same with Uluru in Australia. They did try to fix it, and it’s better, but there’s still a hole under it. Some other strange effects too, if you try taxying up to it.

Things like this ruin the immersion and shows the weakness of the scenery delivery in the sim.

Orbx Great Britain will be a good addition but it shouldnt need to be.

1 Like

Edinburgh has been a floating mess since SU5 but I never thought to try landing or flying under it!

Let the screenshots begin!!!

Probably climate change :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

ok, I’ve done this gag before, but why not
 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(with further apologies to Scott Adams)

On the plus side, I haven’t seen any others this bad or even particularly bad. :relieved:

9 Likes

eat me cake was eaten by this building

I actually thought it was some Star Wars spaceship when I was approaching it.

2 Likes

Proof Aliens helped build more than just the pyramids

5 Likes

Thought the same. Looks like the Star Destroyer over Jedha in Rogue One.

2 Likes

Scott Adams doesn’t deserve any apologies
 Guy’s a bit!

WU6 installed, and all other Updates updated, and still the castle is floating like Howl’s

That comment alone tells me all I need to know about this update before I download it.

Reported to Zendesk #123556

I’m trying to correct this.
I will post the mod on flightsim.to once I finish.

Why mod it? stuff like that is hilarious and enjoyable in the game if it was a little mistake like that